Touratech Travel Event and Rally 6th May

I've reserved a couple of places on this, can anyone give me the lowdown on this? Is it an overnight stay job, beers and camping, or a day visit and head off home?

I've reserved a couple of places on this, can anyone give me the lowdown on this? Is it an overnight stay job, beers and camping, or a day visit and head off home?

looks like 2 nights free camping

I'm planning to camp, but it looks like an industrial estate, I don't want to get pi$$ed and everyone else buggers off, an that's me stuck there until the morning, who went to last years and was it any good?

I'm planning to camp, but it looks like an industrial estate, I don't want to get pi$$ed and everyone else buggers off, an that's me stuck there until the morning, who went to last years and was it any good?

i dont no thinking about going my self

You won't be left on you own it's a huge event loads of camping plenty organised rides out,plenty of talks from guest speakers,it's a big BMW gs event good crack if you haven't been before loads of Touratech stuff to buy,there's food drink it's not a industrial estate as such it's touratech head quarters loads of off roading.

No your right the camping is in the woods in the middle of the industrial estate but a good weekend to had by all, I will be going but will be on the RT this year.

think ill go for a warm up before the big bmw rally in Austria :)

I am camping: will be my first Touratech event.

I'll be there again. It is an excellent event. You get free use of the Walter's Arena where BMW off road is held. And event is free!

10420086_1069595809764473_8206248280695052890_n_zpsfg3vmffx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ill be there friday on my 1150 :)

I'll be there again. It is an excellent event. You get free use of the Walter's Arena where BMW off road is held. And event is free!

I did level 2 there again this weekend ( well at least part of it until pulled my shoulder, back and most extremities !)

Layout has changed a bit since last year and the the uphill wet ruts on lose rocks, deep mud and wet leaves are a joy. They are not very forgiving on the wrong positioning or wrong gear.

Enjoy !

Quick tip - get your accommodation booked ASAP.

Little update on my planned trip to Wales for my first Touratech event.
wanted to get myself a sleeping bag at decathlon surrey after work.

17:30 arrival at shop
17:45 call from scorpion Trekking informing me that my bike is moving without the engine on. I go outside Decathlon, confirming my BMW GSA is gone.
17:47 I inform police of theft to obtain crime ref to give to Scorpion TrakKing in order to liaise with police directly
17:55 Police on site at Decathlon to take statement

Roughly 18:05, bike was tracked down after police helicopter was given coordinates of bike whereabouts. I'm on way with police to location : Deptford

Bike recovered. Waiting for forensics to look for prints as top box has been opened (I purposefully never lock it but don't leave anything valuable in it. Thus all good and top box in normal working order).
Assumption is, that an accomplice on a tmax scooter (registered as stolen in february but owner notified today of its find and hence picked up) "pushed" the GSA along (thus no engine running apparently)

19:30 police work done and I call recovery service.
21:45 back home after waiting for recovery service due to heavy traffic
21:50 a well deserved glass of wine

Result: bike recovered, but I don't think it'll be ready for the Touratech travel event weekend (gutted, but at least I have my bike back)

PS: I only had the tracker installed 2 weeks earlier after an unsuccessful theft attempt from my home.

17:45 call from scorpion Trekking informing me that my bike is moving without the engine on. I go outside Decathlon, confirming my BMW GSA is gone.
17:47 I inform police of theft to obtain crime ref to give to Scorpion TrakKing in order to liaise with police directly

Roughly 18:05, bike was tracked down after police helicopter was given coordinates of bike whereabouts. I'm on way with police to location : Deptford

Bike recovered. Waiting for forensics to look for prints as top box has been opened (I purposefully never lock it but don't leave anything valuable in it. Thus all good and top box in normal working order).
Assumption is, that an accomplice on a tmax scooter (registered as stolen in february but owner notified today of its find and hence picked up) "pushed" the GSA along (thus no engine running apparently)

Result: bike recovered, but I don't think it'll be ready for the Touratech travel event weekend (gutted, but at least I have my bike back)

PS: I only had the tracker installed 2 weeks earlier after an unsuccessful theft attempt from my home.

glad you got it back how much was the tracker installed. was they much damage to your bike

Glad you managed to get the bike back - maybe the use of the steering lock or a disk lock would have stopped the buggers just pushing it away....;)

Steering lock was on but apparently that is the easiest thing to break.
As I was in store only for a short while I did not put the disk lock on.
This clearly taught me the better. I was even parked outside the entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad you got it back how much was the tracker installed. was they much damage to your bike

£250 installed by Bmw. Plus a yearly subscription of£99.

Ripped the alarm out and thus damaged the electrics.

Steering lock was on but apparently that is the easiest thing to break.

I found that out the hard way too....a bunch of Salford Scum bags decided my 11RT would be worth a raz round on.
Fortunately they had only wheeled it around an adjacent block of flats and I got it back with only the ignition wires cut after I caught them red handed and they legged off.

Back
Top Bottom