Oldrat's Guzzi cafe jobbie

Come and say ‘Hi’ - 2019 Bike Shed show

Just found out that my “Zagato” Guzzi cafe racer will be on show at this years Bike Shed show.

Lil ol me and me garage build eh, still pinching meself.

Here’s the show poster

Attachments

• 9E6380DA-CE2A-49B4-8AD8-102EE8C04F1C.jpg
    9E6380DA-CE2A-49B4-8AD8-102EE8C04F1C.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 435
Nice one :)

Have a word with the boys though to shift the dates please as I'm always away that weekend and haven't been able to make it since the days of it being under the arches............

Andres

hey any idea how much fork oil you used in the forks as they have reworked internals ?
regards Chris

P
hey any idea how much fork oil you used in the forks as they have reworked internals ?
regards Chris

Sorry, I don’t know. I left the fork inners totally up to Darren at MCT. It was an “I have an idea which should work, will you trust me” type of job. He bastardised some GSXR 600 internals and I replaced the blue adjuster tops with new ones which I had anodised black as I felt that the blingy blue jarred the black/silver/brass colour scheme.

Crackin looker that, the tank looks lovely
You should see it in the flesh, the whole thing is exquisite ����

Thank you gents, my head is starting to swell a little

:thumb2:thumb2

no problem bud,
I have an old maxton damper conversion in mine, alas they did not know how much oil it needed as it was a long time ago I will just have a mess and see were I end up

Wash and brush up time

It’s a Sunday morning ride not an everyday ride, but it still takes a while to bring it back to scratch. Here’s the result.

If things go to plan the Guzzi needs to look it’s best. More on that later, I don’t want to risk it with Sod’s law.

It’s a Sunday morning ride not an everyday ride, but it still takes a while to bring it back to scratch. Here’s the result.

If things go to plan the Guzzi needs to look it’s best. More on that later, I don’t want to risk it with Sod’s law.

Forgotten just how nice this is; you could do with a plate that slides under the seat out of the way for when it's parked;; oh ; you have one i see .:D; lovely; lovely. :okay:beerjug:

For those that asked, here’s a vid of the bike by Alex Rollings who runs the Classic Motorcycle channel.

As with all of Alex’s stuff, it’s very professionally done aside from the naff bloke talking all the way through it.

And yes, I’ve already been taken to task by my Italian friends for my London pronunciation of Moto Guzzi.

Possibly the best looking bike I've ever seen, I think I'm in love 💘. I'll pm my address, please deliver bike asap 🙏 Well done sir !

For those that asked, here’s a vid of the bike by Alex Rollings who runs the Classic Motorcycle channel.

As with all of Alex’s stuff, it’s very professionally done aside from the naff bloke talking all the way through it.

And yes, I’ve already been taken to task by my Italian friends for my London pronunciation of Moto Guzzi.

Not seen this before and what a good watch. You clearly had a vision and carried it through. Also great to see Chris T (RIP) expertise still on show.

Lovely. Unless my memory is playing up, I’m sure I saw your Guzzi when some got together to say bye to Chris T.. wasn’t the time or place to ask about the bike obvs, hope I can see it again under better circumstances one day

Sorry I’d not replied in a timely fashion, but I’ve been away for a bit.

I appreciate the kinds words folks, I’m still overawed by the responses I get - lil’ ol’ me eh! - it’s very humbling, thank you.

Lovely. Unless my memory is playing up, I’m sure I saw your Guzzi when some got together to say bye to Chris T.. wasn’t the time or place to ask about the bike obvs, hope I can see it again under better circumstances one day

Your memory serves you well, I did indeed bring it to Chris’ funeral, it seemed a good idea at the time- I’ve still got the ‘No sticker stickers’ from after the event.

Chris had been doing some beautiful paint on another Guzzi I had, and I picked the panels up the week before he passed, we chatted for ages about all sorts with no sign of any issues.
I was as gobsmacked as any upon hearing the news.

As far as the bike being out and about, I do ride it regularly, no speed freak as it’s 40 odd years old but it is joy to ride, a very ethereal experience.

I think the Royston show is the next show outing in my calendar, and I might be lucky enough to be invited to Kickback in the Thruxton circuit soon.

Cheers all

And thanks again

Ratty

Back
Top Bottom