Symtec Heated Grip Panels - anyone using them?

rjsmith26

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought a new bike and missing the luxury of the heated grips and hand guards on the GS.

Have fitted Oxford grips to a winter bike and I don't like the increase in diameter of the grips.

Keen to keep OEM grips on my new steed and spotted these Symtec Heated Panels.

(http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/product.php/116/symtec-motorcycle-heated-grip)

Anyone use them - feedback - good / bad?

TIA

Yes, had them on my 990 adv and various trail bikes. Good product and Martin (Winding roads) will look after you.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Just fitted some to my Yamaha XT1200 so I've no real experience of using them in really cold weather.

At this early stage I would say they were very good value at £50 a shot especially since Yamaha charge north of £250.

I didn't remove the original grips, just laid the elements on top in a position to warm fingers curled around the grip. Grip Puppies on top of the element and they'll get uncomfortably hot in this weather. This works well if you can live with the increased diameter of the hand grips.

The only thing I don't like is the 3 position rocker switch which is difficult to use especially with it's waterproof cover. I'll replace the rocker switch with a toggle style one soon.

I see from the pic that they have modified the point where the wires attache to the elements when I fitted a set some years ago to my 950 ktm it shorted to earth at that point because the solder joint pierced through the plastic film

Had them on all my trail bikes. Never be tempted by the cheap copies you see on ebay. :blast
Mark

Back
Top Bottom