UNLOCKING MAP ON MY PC IN MAPSOURCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok so from garmin express, map options I installed to computor.
When I open mapsource it comes up 2016.2 locked.
Took option to unlock maps
took option to unlock regions
clicked add
entered unlock code (taken from my account at garmin

NADA, the map still locked, never had this happen before
oh and on my unit (660) in settings/map the map info tab is shaded, wtf ?, currently re installing map
any ideas:nenau

I'm a little confused, 2016.2 is not the latest map. Anyway I had similar problem last year, several calls to Garmin and further attempts to download sorted it. Garmin would not admit it but they were having serious problems with downloads. I now have an unlocked version of the North America maps t prove it!

Let hope another download sorts it out.

John

I'm a little confused, 2016.2 is not the latest map. Anyway I had similar problem last year, several calls to Garmin and further attempts to download sorted it. Garmin would not admit it but they were having serious problems with downloads. I now have an unlocked version of the North America maps t prove it!

Let hope another download sorts it out.

John

Its NT 2016.2, express says thats me up to date john, unit is now showing the map version after reinstalling, reinstalled on PC but in mapsource its still showing as locked ??

Its NT 2016.2, express says thats me up to date john, unit is now showing the map version after reinstalling, reinstalled on PC but in mapsource its still showing as locked ??

You could be right, I am on the NTU maps which I believe have more updates. Try rebooting your computer, if you still have a problem contact Garmin- I found them helpful but unwilling to accept that some people didn't like Basecamp. I was told they had never heard of complains about Basecamp! Don't let them tell you that the problem is you for using Mapsource. I have had both Mapsource and Basecamp on my computer for years now. When I had this problem last year the maps showed as locked in both and it was not until Garmin did something their end and then told me to re install that it worked. Good luck

John

You could be right, I am on the NTU maps which I believe have more updates. Try rebooting your computer, if you still have a problem contact Garmin- I found them helpful but unwilling to accept that some people didn't like Basecamp. I was told they had never heard of complains about Basecamp! Don't let them tell you that the problem is you for using Mapsource. I have had both Mapsource and Basecamp on my computer for years now. When I had this problem last year the maps showed as locked in both and it was not until Garmin did something their end and then told me to re install that it worked. Good luck

John
Thanks John, one call to garmin and all sorted, was a missing file. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom