Hotel in Ullapool

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Anyone got any recommendations for a hotel/B&B in Ullapool?

Will be up there with a few buddies on 6th and 7th May and need to get something booked I would think.

Arch inn is good, and it's nice to sit by the edge of the loch in the late afternoon/evening - but they can charge like a wounded buffalo. The Royal is good accommodation, recently refurbished - and is a lot cheaper.

Ladysmith guest house gets good reviews.

You have to try the fish and chips at Seaforth on they quay - the best I have ever had, consistently.

Al

We usually stay in the Ceilidh place bunkhouse which is across from the hotel itself. The rooms are clean warm and the showers good. You need to climb into the top bunk though.

http://www.theceilidhplace.com

For food we've used most of the hotels and restaurants. I'd agree with what's said above that the best we've had was last year in the Arch inn but since the weekend was a washout weather wise, first in over a decade, we spent most of the day in the pub.

Plenty of choice and plenty of different prices.

Admittedly not in Ullapool, but if a few miles down the road is acceptable, the Aultguish Inn is excellent, as is their food.

We are overnighting in Ullapool on the 17th May. We are booked into the Caledonian Hotel, no idea what it is like, we just stuck a pin in! If it is really awful maybe someone will tell me and we might be able to re book elsewhere.

It's just one night and I expect we might eat elsewhere so as long as the cockroach count isn't too high I think we will be fine.

John

Back
Top Bottom