R1150GS ,a "project bike"

Good luck....
I've just picked up a 2000 model with 15850 on the clock......
Show me what I need to do!!

Looks a bit ropey doesn't it? I'd be interested to see how this comes out. Good luck!:thumby:

I'm in too. I've never stripped an oil head down completely as its all a bit more complicated than standard bike designs.

Agreed the 1150 looks best in mandarin ( with black engine :cool:)

Oh! Err!, a sad case of either neglect, or a hard life, but judging by the mileage possibly the former.

I just hope the electrical wiring hasn't turned to verdigris.

Interesting project.

:thumb2
Ian

I picked up an R1100RS SE last year whilst wearing rose tinted specs and took the specs off when I took the fairing panels and seat off when I got home! There may be points in the wiring loom that have suffered over the years, if so, look on e bay de for one. As for the frame, bars and stands 2 options. Either sand/wire brush them then etch prime and spray yourself or get a powder coated to do them. If you are going to do the engine, plenty of plus gas or penetrating fluid on the exhaust studs as 3 of mine snapped when removing them.
As for the engine, front wishbone and fork lowers, spray on Hammerite silver is brilliant stuff. This won't be a 5 minute job but I bet it will be a beaut when done. Good luck with the refurb.

Good luck with the refurb please keep us updated on your progress with plenty of photos.
Again good luck.��

In! Good luck. Would love to do something similar when time permits.

I'll be interested in the sub frame removal as I'll be doing my lads GSA 1150 at some point.

Good luck p,entry of photos plse.

Subscribed.
I too would love to do something like this to my 1100, when time, money and skill permits :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom