MT-07 Tenere to be launched

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is the news I have been waiting for. :clap

I really liked the concept of the old Super Tenere, the XTZ750 that competed with the original Africa Twin.

Adventure bikes are always going to be a compromise and we'll never all agree on the perfect one (how dull would that be) but for my 'adventures' I like a bike that can munch the motorway miles but still be reasonably good off-road at my destination. It needs a 21" front wheel and it needs to weigh less than a bus.

So when I read the first reports about the zippy, torquey, characterful and fuel efficient engine in the MT-07 I was just hoping that one day they'd decide to Terenify it. Seems it's going to happen in the next year or two.:thumb

Here's the article: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2016/april/yamaha-mt-07-tnr-spied/

Attachments

• mt07 tenere.jpg
    mt07 tenere.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 937
As a gauge, I rode the MT-07 today.

Negatives - the diamond shaped mirrors are awful and the switches feel very low budget.

Positives - the engine hauls beautifully, I had to back off very quickly before crashing through three figures and once I backed off, it cruised at about 5,000 revs (red line at about 8,500) before even hitting 6th which felt very relaxed.

Good engine for an adventure bike? Oh yes..

No, I don't.

R100GS, R1100GS, R1100GS, R80G/S, R1150GS, R100GS PD in that order. Never ridden a GS newer than my 1150, are the switches poor?

Absolute cheap chinese shite!
Just about every 1200GS LC has had one or both replaced (with another absolute cheap chinese shite switch)

Went to the Milan show last week and got a few pics

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 458
Went to the Milan show last week and got a few pics
Did you take a look at the KTM 790 Adv? If like the Yamaha it makes it to the dealers it's going to be big competition. My favourite at the show was the Triumph Tiger 1200. They've done a really good upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes had a good look a most things as we had 3 days at the show with meetings etc.
The ktm looked good and will sell well if it goes into production. I like the fact there are more sub 1000cc bikes around, it's not all about size and I've always believed 500cc - 750cc are so much more useable than larger cc bikes.

I've been told by a reliable source that it won't now be available until late 2018 or early 2019

Back
Top Bottom