Automatic payment of French Autoroute Tolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, one thing I noticed as I was going through the application was that there is no actual confirmation that the discount had been applied. Once I'd got the final confirmation email from them I emailed them through the customer support page to query it, quoting my booking reference. They replied 2 days later to say the discount had been processed and applied. So, not sure if you need to chase it or not or if they genuinely automatically apply the discount. I may be a bit cynical but reading their reply I think it may be wise to chase it up.

Dear Mr E****

Your Eurotunnel booking reference number has now been successfully validated on your account

The discount will now be applied to your Liber-t account.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Services

hi just wondering , what is the difference the charge for a car and bike . if its not that much as long as you need not stop to faff around at the toll booths that works for me .

hi just wondering , what is the difference the charge for a car and bike . if its not that much as long as you need not stop to faff around at the toll booths that works for me .

Hi, just wondering if you have ever heard of Google? It's a brilliant thing; try it, it may just catch on and the inventor won't die a penniless pauper, unrecognised as a genius until long after he is gone.

http://www.autoroutes.fr/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/DEPLIANT TARIFS 2016 01(1).pdf

PS It's roughly double (a smidge under) for a car over a motorbike. Up to you if you think it's worth the faff.

I have one from APRR, it only charges a subscription fee of 1.7EUR for the month it is used in. I registered my UK debit card to pay the bills.

http://www.aprr.fr/fr/telepeagelibert/particuliers/offre-occasionnels

Run the pages through a translation service like translate.google or Babel Fish...

I have used it on the bike, in the Hilux and the Hilux plus a trailer. It went wrong once, charging me class 1 on a motorcycle around Toulouse, but the bill show that next day they refunded that amount and then charged me class 5 ...

I love the fact that we can drive through the automatic barriers at 30KPH without having to stop; it's a small gain on a long journey and makes me giggle each time, for no obvious reason.

A few times I have seen people trying to helpfully redirect "l'idiot ros-bif' away from the automatic tolls; again, that amuses me.

Free tag application (save €10)€6 annual fee for the first year of subscription, save 50% on the annual fee from the second year onwards. Only €3* instead of €6

Just ordered my tag 👍
If you've booked or are going to book the tunnel this year you can get the tag application for free and the annual subscription halved from year 2 if you apply for one here: https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/Eurotunnel-Le-Shuttle-Offer-Landing-Page
And here it is. Ordered late Wednesday night, arrived this morning (Saturday) 👍
5bf60f82487b4d7e3b8eb572cbccd471.jpg

Numpty question-I'm off to Europe this Wednesday and will be using my tag for the first time as I'm blatting through France on autoroutes for a change as have serious mileage to cover the first two days.
I read on here somewhere that you just need to put the tag in a sleeve pocket and not use height limited lanes and then you'll be recognised as on 2 wheels and charged accordingly.

I'm wanting to take a waterproof leather jacket instead of my Goretex jobby.The latter has a sleeve pocket by the cuff but the former doesnt.

But surely it will work equally well in a breast pocket as on a sleeve ?

Ta

Numpty question-I'm off to Europe this Wednesday and will be using my tag for the first time as I'm blatting through France on autoroutes for a change as have serious mileage to cover the first two days.
I read on here somewhere that you just need to put the tag in a sleeve pocket and not use height limited lanes and then you'll be recognised as on 2 wheels and charged accordingly.

I'm wanting to take a waterproof leather jacket instead of my Goretex jobby.The latter has a sleeve pocket by the cuff but the former doesnt.

Ta
I'll be putting mine in my breast pocket as well, I think as long as it's 'white side' towards the sensor it should be OK 👍

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ta

Worst that can happen is it doesn't beep and the barrier doesn't go up :nenau

I was keeping my APPR tag in one of those bank coin bags in my tank bag and just clipped it(bag / tag) to the top edge of the screen (rider side) when in use.
Used a strong bulldog type clip and all was ok.

Put it in your pocket,with the same side outwards as you would in sticking it on your windscreen.

Worst that can happen is it doesn't beep and the barrier doesn't go up :nenau

I'm doing the same but Thursday next week. I bought one of those waterproof bags that velcro round your arm for swimmers / ironmen, etc. I'll probably use that but will also try putting it in the map pocket on top of my tank bag to test that.

I'm doing the same but Thursday next week. I bought one of those waterproof bags that velcro round your arm for swimmers / ironmen, etc. I'll probably use that but will also try putting it in the map pocket on top of my tank bag to test that.

Good idea.I have a map pocket on top of my tank bag.Realised I can't put it in leather jacket pocket as I'll be wearing air bag vest on top ! :blast

Switzerland,Austria then Dolomites/Lake Garda.Twelve nights in total.

Done France and Alps especially quite a bit last few years but never ridden in Austria or Italy so looking forward to it.

I'm doing similar but starting with most of the RdGA then on to Austria for the motoGP (via Italy and Switzerland). I've never ridden in Austria either so looking forward to it too. After that I'm heading through the balkan region in a big anti-clockwise loop to the Czech motoGP, then a blitz home. Hope the weather's a lot better that we've been getting!

I'm doing similar but starting with most of the RdGA then on to Austria for the motoGP (via Italy and Switzerland). I've never ridden in Austria either so looking forward to it too. After that I'm heading through the balkan region in a big anti-clockwise loop to the Czech motoGP, then a blitz home. Hope the weather's a lot better that we've been getting!

Nice !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom