changing shocks

stevie Allen

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any of you technical guys know how hard it would be to change a set of lowered shocks from a 2013 gs lc to a 2015 gsa lc and vice versa. is it a plug n play what with the esa etc Or is it more complicated

Any info would be welcome

I think GSA and GS shocks are different lengths.I would imagine lowered GS shocks on a GSA might look a bit shit!:nenau

Stands will need to be changed and as a replacement ESA shock has to be coded/calibrated to the ECU by the dealer I would assume that it will not be a case of plug and play

I think GSA and GS shocks are different lengths.I would imagine lowered GS shocks on a GSA might look a bit shit!:nenau

I thought the gsa and gs are the same frames so to lower either its just putting the lower or normal shocks depending on buyers choice at the factory .

Stands will need to be changed and as a replacement ESA shock has to be coded/calibrated to the ECU by the dealer I would assume that it will not be a case of plug and play

So a wee bit more complicated than plug n play . thanks anyway

I changed my rear shock in Kazakhstan at the side of the road, new unit worked perfect when plugged in, not been coded or calibrated at all.

Just let a bit of air out the tyres, Steve!:D

Hi did the Lower shock change. Plug and play works fine, side stand is ok, main stand was a pain when loaded. Cut 30mm out of it, just up from the feet, and welded it back together, now perfect. The plug and play seems to calibrate itself - I’m not sure - but when I go to 2 helmets it goes to fully low and then raises up the suspension. The damping-if it is set the same on the old and new should be the same.? I did a bit of messing around plugging and unplugging to change the damping and nothing broke or went wrong. I’m not an expert but I’d say it is failsafe.

Back
Top Bottom