My Montana doesn't like London!!

Mav

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have been using mine for a few years now and it's mostly been great... but when I'm in London, it struggles to maintain tracking on the moving map and and almost never able to complete a routing! Once I get out of London, it's fine. It never used to do this, just in the last year or two...

Am I missing some sort of set up/configuration issue? And yes, I have updated to the latest software.

Anyone got any ideas?

Possibly all the high rise buildings blocking sat reception?

That wouldn't explain the inability to calculate a route... It's like it can't cope with all the detail/data for London...

Sat navs in general loose sight of satellites in cities due to the high building. If the unit is a modern one it will have better reception due to it having a quadrafillier antenna ( i think thats what its called ). It can't complete a route as it doesn't know where it is.

Apologies, I'm not doing a very good job of making myself clear...

If I'm outside of London, with the satnav having successfully locked on to a strong signal, I'm often unable to calculate a route to a waypoint in London. But I'm still able to navigate to other parts of the UK, near and far. This is not about locking on to satellites.

Back
Top Bottom