Smugglers trail andorra

Twins rule

Reaction score
Hello all.
Anyone done the smugglers trails in Andorra and are they do-able on GS LC?
Any tips appreciated.

Cheers
:)

Bollox. Was looking forward to a 'Ride Report' !:augie

Shouldnt this be in the For Sale Section? :aidan

TOR

If you talking about the road from Andorra to TOR Spain and on to LLavorsi - Sort and on to N260 . If so, the answer is Yes.

Hello all.
Anyone done the smugglers trails in Andorra and are they do-able on GS LC?
Any tips appreciated.

Cheers
:)

I presume you will be going via:

Andorra La Vella
Bixarelli, (Andorra)
Os de Civis (Spain)
Burg
Llavorsi

Why just Smugglers?

Myke

This one:) The Spanish drive their battered old cars over it, no problem for a GS

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,320
Nothing too complicated for a GS as I recall it from 2010. I think the stream was near Os de Civis and the rock somewhere not too far away but perhaps not the Smuggler's Route itself. There are some nice routes down there.

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

This track goes between Sort and Espot.....

P1010426.JPG

....and there's a good circuit up past the antennas/ski lift top station a few km east of Sort

P1010376.JPG

Cheers,

Chris

So how many miles of that is available to ride.
Can you camp ?
Looks like a nice little adventure. :D

I don't think that you're allowed to wild camp in that area of Spain. As the trails that I've done haven't been very long it's usually easy to drop into a valley and find a camp site. We've tended to find a place to base ourselves and then do the routes without panniers, tents etc - contrary to what you see on a couple of my photos! I'm getting too old to enjoy camping (although the dislike started about 30 years ago :) ) and although both times I've been to the area we've taken camping gear and used it a few days of the trip there are lots of campsites in the area with wooden shacks to rent which aren't too expensive but so much more comfortable especially if it's wet.

I use http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/home.do to find information on trails. I've found it useful for biking, skiing, walking etc.

So how many miles of that is available to ride.
Can you camp ?
Looks like a nice little adventure. :D

Hello captain,
no not camping this time.
We are staying in the picos for 4 days at la pisa then aim to stay in Ainsa 1 night then Tremp as a base for 2 days then head back north somewhere around St jean de luz maybe then to Bilboa for ferry back. Not much time to do many trails but will be a good taster me thinks. Cant wait!
Cheers

Hi Again
The trail from PAL (Andorra) direction TOR Tor is an excellent road, CG-4, to the border. Tey we going to build a ski resort up there but the residents or Tor messed it up. Fom the border to Tor is a dirt road but in good condition, smugglers still us it. From Tor down it is easy going. This route is no where near as long as the route via Burg

We did the Pal to Tor route and returned via Civis to Burg last week 2 up on Tourances. Water crossings were a bit deeper than the pics above and the rutts a bit muddy in places but the only real problem was making sure we stayed on the right route from Civis-the souvenir shop owner was happy to draw a map for us. Some great scenery on both trails.

We just got back from there and started from Erts which is at the top of the mountain it ends in like a cul de sac, then you see the dirt track going down the hill follow this to Tor then you are on concrete road for miles to Sort. It was a nice ride and not too demanding although we were in 1st gear all the way down the dirt on two Africa Twins loaded up with luggage!!!!

Back
Top Bottom