Heated grip failure

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Noticed my left grip was not heating this morning. Obviously I'll bring it to the dealers attention but apart from loose connections, is there anything else I should check?

Is this a "typical issue"?

Is this a "typical issue"?

I had this on an 05 GS and was then told that left hand failures are more common than right hand - the speculation then was that this was because the left had weight/pressure put on it when mounting on the centre stand. :nenau

I had this on an 05 GS and was then told that left hand failures are more common than right hand - the speculation then was that this was because the left had weight/pressure put on it when mounting on the centre stand. :nenau

That could explain my left-hand heated grip still works. I don't pull on the bars to put it up on the stand. Being a short-arse, the bars are too high for me to pull on with any effort, so just standing on the stand tang heaves it up.

Canbus conundrum?

I'd agree with you if the bike was any age but I'm still running it in.

... And oddly, it all worked fine on the way home tonight :nenau

My left one stopped working along with the cruise control switch. I had complete new switch gear fitted under warranty and Alls well now.

Jon

JB will be along shortly to tell us how reliable they are on 1150's and how shite the are on 1200wc's in comparison.

Over my 4 GS's I have owned, the grips usually fail at some point. I have replaced about 3 grips. Consider them a consumable ;)

Back
Top Bottom