Motoscotland

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well broke my virginity at off-roading last weekend and boy did I enjoy it.

Carried out the 1day novice off-road course down in Inveraray and it was brilliant. Rode down over Glenshee from Aberdeen the night before and got my first experience of riding in the snow, actually really enjoyed it and it was a total white out.

Back to the course if your ever contemplating doing one of these courses then I can't stress how good this one is. Clive took us on the day and he is brilliant, from getting you balancing and controlling the bike at slow speeds through to locking up the brakes both front and back (twitchy bum) through to doing plenty off-road at whatever speeds you feel comfortable. I amazed myself how much I achieved in the day given I've never done anything like it before.

So look them up and give it a go you will enjoy.

Cheers
Mark

Enjoyed another 2 days down in Inverary completing the level 2 and then having a day out playing with the new skills that had been picked up the previous day and previous visit. What can I say excellent again and thoroughly enjoyed it, if you are contemplating doing some off-roading then give Clive and Andy a shout.

http://www.motoscotland.com/

Just seems way too expensive for what you get. Know four women local to me doing it in September, two of which are very short, their doing two days together.

I don't think it's that expensive considering the amount punishment the bikes and kit get. The level of one to one teaching you get is brilliant, largest group is 5 or 6 I think, if you look at other courses it's sometimes as many as 12 people so again you can see it's not that expensive when you add up how much it must cost them.

It's all new bikes and kit and the equipment and location is second to none. I will definitely be going back again

I don't think it's that expensive considering the amount punishment the bikes and kit get. The level of one to one teaching you get is brilliant, largest group is 5 or 6 I think, if you look at other courses it's sometimes as many as 12 people so again you can see it's not that expensive when you add up how much it must cost them.

It's all new bikes and kit and the equipment and location is second to none. I will definitely be going back again

I've spoken to Clive at a couple of bike shows in the past few years and discussed training methods and adult learning with him. We're both trained in the same discipline which, for my money, is the best way of understanding, relating to and teaching people. I've not come across any other off-road training companies who operate on the same basis. It's not just about the venue and the kit which are excellent in themselves. It's about what they teach, how they teach it and why they teach it.

I've been ...

2 day course .. Really enjoyed it, right up to the point of catching a rut wrong ( at speed) and hitting the ground hard...:blast

Was completely my fault... And I was lucky not break any bones

Clive was very good about it even tho bike was a right off ( I paid the excess)

He even offered to get me and my bike home ... Called me couple of times to check I was ok

Highly recommend and much better with his small groups :thumb2

Oops hope your ok Buyer??

Aye I can imagine it's easy done, I came off a few times but like Schutum states Clive's teaching gets you back in the saddle with confidence. Great teaching style simply brilliant.

Was couple of years ago

When Clive had the BMWs

Unfortunately it was to the end of day 2 .. So wasn't able to get back out there

Might go back one day ... If he will let me lol

My eyes are watering at the thought :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom