RTLC ICONIC

BMW will continue to charge extortionate prices if they know there are punters happy to be ripped off....:augie

Isn't that the same for that thing, err what's it called...oh football, how much are gate prices etc these days for some of those at the top :eek:

A pal to of mine was told that the keyless option is not available on the Iconic RT??
Seems odd or was he misinformed?

So a RT LE costs £17445 with Dynamic and Audio. Add the top box - lets make it a round £18k. Therefore an Iconic RT at £20665 is substantially more than £2k for the paint job and seat and therefore makes the GS models a bargain (relatively speaking - still not sure if they are worth it) :rob

I think the top box works out at a lot more than £550, it is the powered version; fully carpeted, interior light, and also factor in the paint to match the bike. I think the box is high three figures although I can't find an RRP for one.

I managed to get the dealer to drop £665 off list so the bike is £20000 to me.

I have estimated I am paying about £1500 for the custom paint and seat, and a two colour custom job on a Harley at 8-ball is £1300. The bike is its money, but it's a lot of money for sure.

Surely a stunning looking bike but if I was in the market for one I would go for a much cheaper / lightly used LE with dynamic + audio (plenty around) and get it sprayed by Tunneruk of this parish to meet my fancy. And with that I could also have the keyless perhaps :thumb

Ok it would be less ICONIC for sure and not that cool so well done to those who got one! :aidan

Best quote I got last year for a painted topbox with all the bells and whistles was £1,100 including spraying to match the bike colour, nonsense TBH and I don't need that much space so I went for a very basic 28L one from Germany instead and had it painted. I am sure however you can haggle a bit if you buy a new bike so the fully kitted topbox could come a bit cheaper.

Trust me I have spent ages pondering if the Iconic is worth 20 grand of my money.

My missus loves it and even offered to pay for the paint protection on the boxes and some engine bars because she wants me to get it.

But the fact is that it has extras I don't really want such as the audio which I probably won't use, and I could have an RT LE at the spec I want, (lose the audio, keep dynamic, top box a must but doesn't need to be wired in for lighting, and add an Akropovic and some guards for about £17500), so that nice paint and seat stitching is costing me quite a bit of money.

But, and here is the but, I want it!! I yearn for that paint and it looks so damn sexy in the flesh.

I am chopping in my Matt Red GSA LC for the RT, and I love the GSA! But we are doing loads of pillion miles and the missus struggles to get up onto the GS. She wants more comfort and the heated seat; she yearns for a Goldwing or GTL in reality but knows that I like the boxer and the RT is a great compromise between the GSA and a full tourer.

If I hadn't seen that georgeous paint and extras I'd not even be changing the GSA until next year, but trust me the Iconic is a drop dead lovely bike.

But in the back of my mind is that I could have a 'standard' RT with what I want on it for a LOT less, I have paid a deposit and the Iconic has my name on it until we take a test ride on Saturday, but even now I could decide to go for the standard bike and save a few grand.

I'm with you, the bike looks gorgeous in the show room. I have a 2014 LE with all the toys + aux lights, top box with central locking etc, plus cyl protectors, plus new inner bags. I bought it 3 months ago with 4 months warranty still left. Here is the rub, it had 2500 miles on it, private sale, I paid £13k. So think I am going to hang on until there is a significant update to the RT before I jump into a new bike. Its not all roses though, lost a packet when I sold my Harley this week, which I had from new!

I'm with you, the bike looks gorgeous in the show room. I have a 2014 LE with all the toys + aux lights, top box with central locking etc, plus cyl protectors, plus new inner bags. I bought it 3 months ago with 4 months warranty still left. Here is the rub, it had 2500 miles on it, private sale, I paid £13k. So think I am going to hang on until there is a significant update to the RT before I jump into a new bike. Its not all roses though, lost a packet when I sold my Harley this week, which I had from new!

I long ago learned that my craving for machines would mean losing money, I've yet to find that unicorn of a bike that stays the same or goes up in value.

Although my 1150GS and Gixxer SRAD almost went for exactly what I bought them for.

No different to cars. I've got a mate who must have had over 60 bikes since I've known him. He is now into Triumphs. As long as I've know him, he has never lost money on a bike - yeh right :)

No different to cars. I've got a mate who must have had over 60 bikes since I've known him. He is now into Triumphs. As long as I've know him, he has never lost money on a bike - yeh right :)

One of those guys, eh? :rolleyes:

Trust me I have spent ages pondering if the Iconic is worth 20 grand of my money.

My missus loves it and even offered to pay for the paint protection on the boxes and some engine bars because she wants me to get it.

But the fact is that it has extras I don't really want such as the audio which I probably won't use, and I could have an RT LE at the spec I want, (lose the audio, keep dynamic, top box a must but doesn't need to be wired in for lighting, and add an Akropovic and some guards for about £17500), so that nice paint and seat stitching is costing me quite a bit of money.

But, and here is the but, I want it!! I yearn for that paint and it looks so damn sexy in the flesh.

I am chopping in my Matt Red GSA LC for the RT, and I love the GSA! But we are doing loads of pillion miles and the missus struggles to get up onto the GS. She wants more comfort and the heated seat; she yearns for a Goldwing or GTL in reality but knows that I like the boxer and the RT is a great compromise between the GSA and a full tourer.

If I hadn't seen that georgeous paint and extras I'd not even be changing the GSA until next year, but trust me the Iconic is a drop dead lovely bike.

But in the back of my mind is that I could have a 'standard' RT with what I want on it for a LOT less, I have paid a deposit and the Iconic has my name on it until we take a test ride on Saturday, but even now I could decide to go for the standard bike and save a few grand.

You'll succumb to the lure of the Iconic, and you'll love the audio system when you start using it.

In my mind, going for the Iconic was a no brainer. I'm just a sucker for special edition and exclusive bikes, especially when when they're sooo pretty.

So why only a 100 and why Europe only - probably because its a run out model :D All new RT for 2017 anyone :beer:

So why only a 100 and why Europe only - probably because its a run out model :D All new RT for 2017 anyone :beer:

Only 100 and exclusive for UK.

The RTLC was introduced in 2014, so i'd agree its due an update for 2017 MY. Probably only cosmetics though, and maybe ABS Pro. ?

The RTLC was introduced in 2014, so i'd agree its due an update for 2017 MY. Probably only cosmetics though, and maybe ABS Pro. ?

Only jealous, would love an Iconic. Just sold my CVO Harley, so have pennies in the bank, must stay away from dealerships :)

Popped into Cotswold this afternoon and saw the
Iconic RT, bloody lovely !

Given Euro 4 engines will be mandatory on new models starting in 2017 I think they will update the GS first as it came out in 2013. A cosmetic update without modifying the engine is unlikely IMHO.

Given Euro 4 engines will be mandatory on new models starting in 2017 I think they will update the GS first as it came out in 2013. A cosmetic update without modifying the engine is unlikely IMHO.

Don't wanna sound stupid, but I thought the new LC engine was already Euro4? Hence the water cooling, massive exhaust and collector.

You'll succumb to the lure of the Iconic, and you'll love the audio system when you start using it.

In my mind, going for the Iconic was a no brainer. I'm just a sucker for special edition and exclusive bikes, especially when when they're sooo pretty.

Don't be so sure, in the back of my mind is the huge amount of money I could save by getting one for £16500 to the spec I want and not getting the overpriced BMW top box, a Givi V47 would so the same job for about £200.

I wish I lived in a world where £3300 is an amount of money I can justify for a flash paint job.

But, deposit is down; and heart will over rule brain no doubt.

Flip - RTs being pretty??

This forum is going to the dogs :D

Back
Top Bottom