900 miles in 48 hours....North East England to West Coast of Scotland....and back.

lightweight .

jog to le , then home sm1.... 22hrs . m-guzzi cali. mileage was just shy of 1200 miles

someone else will be along to smash this ....just give it bit of time

could hardly walk next day tho'

lightweight .

jog to le , then home sm1.... 22hrs . m-guzzi cali. mileage was just shy of 1200 miles

someone else will be along to smash this ....just give it bit of time

could hardly walk next day tho'

Shame not to prove you right - Birmingham-Lowestoft-JoG-LE-Birmingham; 2050 miles in 42 hours; R1150GS - I slept well but was fine the next day :)

1986 .... KLR600B .. two up with camping kit Wrexham to Paul Ricard Circuit (for the Bol d'Or) ... 1200 miles in one hit. Mind you I didn't want to ride next day :D This was before adventure bikes were popular in the UK

Given the 1.5 arse size seat on the KLR600 I'm stunned the girlfriend and I managed it. After a days rest it was on over the Alps into Italy, up to the lakes then over the Alps into Switzerland and the winding way along little roads in France before returning home.

The only concession the bike had was I changed the gearbox sprocket to two teeth more to get better motorway cruising.

RS100 (1981) First thing in the morning from here in Uttoxeter to Dover, over on the ferry, rode to Bellagio (Lake Como). Went to work for the day the next day (Saturday) all day on the water. It was a classic motor boat rally. Did four features, the rally itself and 3 boat features on individual boats. Dinner at Villa d'Este that night (black tie do - I had my dinner suit etc on the bike!) Sunday morning, saw the boats away then wwas on the road home at 10.30 Italian time - was home in my bed here in Uttoxeter by 03.30 that night. :aidan
Total was about 2200 miles, the tunnel was closed.

Back
Top Bottom