Shark Evo One - problems!

Paul S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been a big fan of the old Shark Evoline 3's for some time and upgraded to the new Evo One 4 weeks ago.

Really like the helmet and it is a better helmet except for one major flaw :(

The visor with the pinlock attached has virtually no clearance from the shell of the helmet when in the open position and as a result rubs on the shell. This very quickly starts to mark the pinlock which when the visor is closed in directly in your line of vision :blast

Have now sent mine back to Motolegends and will see what they say but would not advice anyone to buy one of these until Shark resolve the issue.

You can even see where it has started to mark the finish on the shell as well:

Paul S nailed it. I bought this helmet from Motolegends too, I also had series 1-3 of the Evoline and then the carbon version too. I saw this a natural progression of that...

Ok, with visor down it is now a 'non leak' helmet which the Evoline never managed. Once you work out how to use the chin piece it is easy to bring it down on the move too. However, the scratch issue on the pinlock is exactly the same for me and I mentioned this at Motolegends this past weekend. I wore the helmet for a trip from UK to St Tropez and return - it now has a scratch mark exactly as shown above. I will try it without the pinlock in place....

Good to know I am not the only one ;)

My Shark helmet is now back with Motolegends and they have confirmed that there is indeed a problem.

He is sending it back to the Shark UK agent and has promised a further update by the end of the week. To be honest I do not want this one back or a replacement until Shark have resolved the problem which looks like a complete redesign of the visor at least.

Now wearing my old Evoline 3 again which still does the job :D

Will let you know what Motolegends/Shark come back with.

I wish I'd seen this before I bought one, I've done 150 miles in mine and it's the same, I got mine from Helmet City so emailed them today and am going to call them tomorrow.

It's gone in precisely the same way as the pictures in Paul S's original post.

I've had Evoline 2 / 3 's before and no issues.

Will let you know how I get on.

Phew....glad I saw this....was next on my list! I like the Evolines I've had and thought this was an obvious update. I'll wait and see.

Heard back from Helmet City today, great customer service BTW, really good, Shark want my Evo One back and have offered a replacement or refund.I'm reluctant to take another Evo One as it does seem they have a problem, so I'm taking another EvoLine 3 + a refund on the balance. My current EvoLine 3 has gone to my son as he's the same size, so I needed a helmet anyway.

I've also got to say the Evo One chinbar construction does not seem as robust as the EvoLine 3.

Good info guys, I tried the new one at the MCN show recently & think a new Evo 3 carbon is looking more likely.
I didn't like the way the chin bar locked when in open position..

Well Shark finally confirmed that the helmet is faulty - no explanation as why and have told Motolegends to refund the me!

Guess that means they all have the same issue or no doubt they would have offered me a replacement.

So my advice is to avoid the EVO One - maybe have another look when they bring out the EVO Two :augie

Best keep my Evoline 3 then after all.

Bought an Evo One in February and have been back to the shop I bought it from for a new pinloc every month, they have informed Shark but as yet no satisfactory answer.
I know of 2 other owners/wearers who have the same problem.
I much prefer it over my Schuberth C3 Pro, better ventilation and chin bar out the way when I want.

I like the helmet, I've been informed they are working on a thinner pin lock variant that will be available very soon.

I'm willing to give it a try

Wish I'd seen this thread first :blast
I've just noticed the same mark on my visor as described above and so ill be going back to the shop tomorrow.

Have Shark come up with a solution yet, do we know???

MM

Still waiting (patiently as I have a few lids) for the solution which has been changed to a redesigned thinner visor...

Having seen this thread the most surprising thing is that Shark are still selling them. Seems a bit reckless to me. JJH

Fred eisa

Had the same problems and have had Lidsdirect send it back to Shark.My helmet was returned with a new pin lock but the same scratched pin lock returned after use!Lidsdirect said Shark said they made an adjustment and should be ok but obviously now it's happened again! Will go back to lids direct, see what they can do

Last edited:
I like Shark designs but it does appear as if they let the customer do the testing - it's the last one I'll buy

Just took my Shark Evo one back to Lids direct, told them I've got scratched pin lock again and they called Shark and will replace the helmet for me. Great news as I love this Evo one shark design. Top marks to Lids direct aswell for sorting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting (patiently as I have a few lids) for the solution which has been changed to a redesigned thinner visor...

I was one click away from buying an Evo One and then I heard about this problem. I really appreciate these posts that kept me from purchasing a flawed helmet. I'd still like to buy one if/when they fix the issue, but I'm not sure how to know if/when it's truly fixed.

Did you hear from someone at Shark that they are redesigning the visor to be thinner in order to solve this known problem? Or was that just helmet-salesman-talk? Do you know a good way to find out if they are truly working on it and when the new visors will be available?

Not sure if I was unlucky with my Evo one. I bought it when it was first released, so possibly shark may not have got the production fully sorted, I really have no idea but will post a reply once I get my replacement and hopefully all will be good. It is a Great design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom