Trail/enduro bike hire in Majorca?

Dansin

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any companies that either offer guided days out or just bike hire?

Several pop up in Google. Spell it Mallorca.

Not so clear if they hire quite what you are after but it will give you a start,

Thanks. Have tried both spellings but have only found one old website (http://www.mallorquin-bikes.de/htenglish/index.html) who I've emailed but still awaiting a response. Searching for 'trial riding mallorca/majorca' throws up a ton of sites but they all seem to be geared to mountain biking. Will continue the search....

I went about it by typing motorbike hire Mallorca into Google.

By doing a bit of jumping around I could see that at least the concept of hiring bikes is one that the locals are familiar with.

For example: http://immrentandtours.com/en/motor...O2BX0XEHrDri1h06LUi0lxVl7vtT_REX8kaAvI68P8HAQ

Scrolling down, they even offer routes to try: http://immrentandtours.com/en/coves-and-beaches-of-the-east-of-majorca--r-5

OK it might not be exactly what you are after but it's not a bad starter for 10. Give them a call, who knows, even if they don't cut the mustard, might know a man who does.

Hopefully sorted as I've had a response from Mallorquin Bikes. They hire bikes and kit and will also do 1, 2 or 3 day off road guided tours.

Thanks Wapping. :thumb2

Quick update. We're booked in for a days riding in July with Anke at www.mallorquin-bikes.de. €199 for bike, all kit and a guide for the day. I guess this would come down if there were more than 2 riders. Bikes are 250 or 450 Hondas. Will report back when we've been out.

Quick update. We're booked in for a days riding in July with Anke at www.mallorquin-bikes.de. €199 for bike, all kit and a guide for the day. I guess this would come down if there were more than 2 riders. Bikes are 250 or 450 Hondas. Will report back when we've been out.

Enjoy your trip! Whereabouts are they based on the Island/where do you collect the bikes from?

Enjoy your trip! Whereabouts are they based on the Island/where do you collect the bikes from?

They're based out of Felanitx. We have friends who live between there and Cala D'or so know the area. It looks a good place to ride from.

They're based out of Felanitx. We have friends who live between there and Cala D'or so know the area. It looks a good place to ride from.

Thanks for that. Enjoy :thumb2

Hi Dansin,

Sorry to miss this thread, I spend a lot of time here in Mallorca and can't believe I've neglected my fellow tossers since this was posted in May, even letting my subscription expire!
Rest assured I think you found the best Mallorca has to offer to cover your needs this time. Anke and her husband Johannes do a great job. Since I met them 7 years ago the premises has doubled in size and the fleet of bikes probably trebled. As you will know they seem to have every variation of new BMW's (+ a few other makes) and the major advantage is the range of riding equipment, tyres, panniers and seat options available. Only downside is their slightly remote from Palma location in Felanitx but no problems if you have a car to get there (approx 40 mins from Palma). They cater mainly for German clientele and seem to be pretty busy all year round.
Glad you had a good day out, the trails and beach you rode to looks amazing. Those pesky pine needles will always find their way from the gutters if the winds blow! Goats, randomly parked tourists and crazy cyclists are the only other normal hazards.
On one of my rides out with Johannes I managed to push the poorly designed wanderlich gear shifter so deep into the gear box so far it wouldn't shift past 2nd gear, I jumped on his 400cc and he rode the broken 800 GS back to base remarkabley at a steady 100kph for 25 mins. Testament to the GS8, (I brought one shortly after). The oil was hence pretty warm when he dumped the sump leaving the technician to break the casing off and repair. I gladly handed over what was minimal euros for the trouble I'd caused and swore to buy the touratech shifter for my bike instead.
If you're ever looking for a simple rental bike in Mallorca I only know of two other companies, neither will offer the same level of equipment or tyre options as Mallorquin bikes. A keen biker will discover all Mallorca's best roads within 3 days although there's lots of opportunity to bomb the odd forest or trails if the tyres provided will allow to keep you busy for a week.

I've rented from these guys many times and their bikes always seem pretty tidy and well looked after. Closer to Palma.
http://www.rentabike-mallorca.com/web/public/EN/catalogo.php?cod=311

Spotted this company a while ago as the rental costs seem a little lower, no personal experience though.
http://www.cochesreus.es/motoseng.php

Drop me a mail if you ever head this direction again and want a ride out buddy or need Mallorca information, I come and go every 2 months, I ride a GS8 pretty poorly offroad and reasonably onroad but it doesn't stop me trying.

Regards
cf

Mmm, Spanish paypal and a UK address causing problems subscribing for now. I'll try again tomorrow.

Hi Dansin,

Sorry to miss this thread, I spend a lot of time here in Mallorca and can't believe I've neglected my fellow tossers since this was posted in May, even letting my subscription expire!
Rest assured I think you found the best Mallorca has to offer to cover your needs this time. Anke and her husband Johannes do a great job. Since I met them 7 years ago the premises has doubled in size and the fleet of bikes probably trebled. As you will know they seem to have every variation of new BMW's (+ a few other makes) and the major advantage is the range of riding equipment, tyres, panniers and seat options available. Only downside is their slightly remote from Palma location in Felanitx but no problems if you have a car to get there (approx 40 mins from Palma). They cater mainly for German clientele and seem to be pretty busy all year round.
Glad you had a good day out, the trails and beach you rode to looks amazing. Those pesky pine needles will always find their way from the gutters if the winds blow! Goats, randomly parked tourists and crazy cyclists are the only other normal hazards.
On one of my rides out with Johannes I managed to push the poorly designed wanderlich gear shifter so deep into the gear box so far it wouldn't shift past 2nd gear, I jumped on his 400cc and he rode the broken 800 GS back to base remarkabley at a steady 100kph for 25 mins. Testament to the GS8, (I brought one shortly after). The oil was hence pretty warm when he dumped the sump leaving the technician to break the casing off and repair. I gladly handed over what was minimal euros for the trouble I'd caused and swore to buy the touratech shifter for my bike instead.
If you're ever looking for a simple rental bike in Mallorca I only know of two other companies, neither will offer the same level of equipment or tyre options as Mallorquin bikes. A keen biker will discover all Mallorca's best roads within 3 days although there's lots of opportunity to bomb the odd forest or trails if the tyres provided will allow to keep you busy for a week.

I've rented from these guys many times and their bikes always seem pretty tidy and well looked after. Closer to Palma.
http://www.rentabike-mallorca.com/web/public/EN/catalogo.php?cod=311

Spotted this company a while ago as the rental costs seem a little lower, no personal experience though.
http://www.cochesreus.es/motoseng.php

Drop me a mail if you ever head this direction again and want a ride out buddy or need Mallorca information, I come and go every 2 months, I ride a GS8 pretty poorly offroad and reasonably onroad but it doesn't stop me trying.

Regards
cf

We're over a few times a year (family house in Genova) and I had thought about buying a cheap enduro bike to keep there. The biggest issue for me would be finding where to ride, although it did seem as if all trails were fair game. I was amazed at how few people were about on the trails. In the whole day we only saw 2 other people. I guess it gets a bit busier once it cools down a bit.

Thanks for the Rentabike link, that's a stones throw from us.

Back
Top Bottom