Anyone use a Lithium battery?

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I need to replace the battery in my Husaberg (anyone know where it is?) and am considering a Lithium battery (despite the price!).

Anyone tried one?

Using one on my Scrambler and so far so good but only been on for about 9 months.

Mine was not that expensive about £20/£30 more than a normal one and about a 1/4 of the weight.

Allegedly the downside is they do not start very well in very cold weather - but not an issue for me on the Scrambler ;)

I've no first hand experience with them but they are said to be lighter and hold a charge much better than a lead acid battery. I would consider one as a replacement but I don't seem to wear out batteries. JJH

I have a mate that wholesales them. But apparently they are slow to sell and at the moment there are no recycling facilities available for them here in Ireland. Anyone know about recycling them in the UK ?

My new CCM gp450 has a Lithium battery fitted as standard.
Only had it a couple of months and so far had no problems, including 10 days out in Morocco. It stays connected to the specific lithium charger in the garage (supplied with bike)
I've been told they don't like cold weather so we'll see how it goes in Iceland next month.

I also have one on my CCM (standard figment). The battery is ridiculously light, seems to hold its charge and has started the bike at -1C temps. I'm told that when the conditions are very cold, just leave the ignition on for a minute or so, before trying to start the bike, this warms the battery and gets it working properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a mate that wholesales them. But apparently they are slow to sell and at the moment there are no recycling facilities available for them here in Ireland. Anyone know about recycling them in the UK ?

I just dump mine over the fence of the local Primary School...

Back
Top Bottom