Yes I bloody want one, a rant to salesmen

I feel you are looking for a fight... Buying a bike is simple, phone - make an appointment, arrive allow them to value your bike in the metal - agree the best deal for all parties are ride away a few days later happy....

Nope not looking for a fight why do you think that? looking to get a P/X price on my bike against the one they are selling so I know what I have to spend. This bike is 80+ miles away so don't think my initial enquiry was anything out of the ordinary. The modern way is email, agree figures, bacs a deposit to them, arrange pick up.

Nope not looking for a fight why do you think that? looking to get a P/X price on my bike against the one they are selling so I know what I have to spend. This bike is 80+ miles away so don't think my initial enquiry was anything out of the ordinary. The modern way is email, agree figures, bacs a deposit to them, arrange pick up.

The "modern" way doesn't actually work...you've stated you are a salesman, do you do all your deals via email today? or do you make the effort to visit and discuss and truly understand the requirements of your client? As for 80 miles away?? Are you ready for an Adventure bike? - also I do not know many dealers who will value over the phone - your bike could be a shitter?

The "modern" way doesn't actually work...you've stated you are a salesman, do you do all your deals via email today? or do you make the effort to visit and discuss and truly understand the requirements of your client? As for 80 miles away?? Are you ready for an Adventure bike? - also I do not know many dealers who will value over the phone - your bike could be a shitter?

Well it worked last time and yes if a potential client wants to contact me via, email, text or carrier pigeon I will engage them and fully answer any questions and give them a price. Stops me wasting their, and my time, and we then move to actual visits where the fine detail is sorted. I do not have the time to travel 80 miles without some sort of idea of what the deal is likely to be and I have had lots of P/X valuations on cars in the past, you explain the condition, agree a price, and then subject to them appraising do the deal.

You must work for one of the dealerships in question because you don't have a clue either by the sound of it.

You tried Benhams in Wolverhampton.. I use them always great service :) bought my GS from them.

Pete

+1 Benhams. Andy Scott excellent customer service.

I feel you are looking for a fight... Buying a bike is simple, phone - make an appointment, arrive allow them to value your bike in the metal - agree the best deal for all parties are ride away a few days later happy....

Really can't be any easier ...

And I've tried to stay out of this ...but you should know better...!!! As a salesman yourself ... U should know the rules...!!!

Face to face dealing are always better... Show them your ready to deal .. Get the manager involved .. And shake hands ... Deal done .... And none of the " well I will think about it " or " need to discuss with wife " ... Because they know that means you want to shop around still !!!

And for all the people who slag off dealers .... Isn't it funny how nice customers are when they want something !!! For FREE !!!

rant over ... Going out on bike now :D

Really can't be any easier ...

And I've tried to stay out of this ...but you should know better...!!! As a salesman yourself ... U should know the rules...!!!

Face to face dealing are always better... Show them your ready to deal .. Get the manager involved .. And shake hands ... Deal done .... And none of the " well I will think about it " or " need to discuss with wife " ... Because they know that means you want to shop around still !!!

And for all the people who slag off dealers .... Isn't it funny how nice customers are when they want something !!! For FREE !!!

rant over ... Going out on bike now :D

Jeez what's wrong with some of you. Let me put it simply. Someone wants to sell a product, I make an enquiry, it shouldn't matter how, as long as the seller is aware of my interest and can therefore engage me. I have made an INITIAL enquiry, prior to moving forward, IF the numbers stack up. I don't see the point of travelling 80 miles each way to have a 5 minute conversation with someone to then find out the deal does not work out for me. Please list THE RULES because the only rules that count are the buyers, you should know that. As far as Discuss with wife and I think about it when have I mentioned that in any of my posts where the fuck you got that from?

Pretty much the only accurate thing you have said in your post is 'you've tried to stay out of this' so take your own advice.

You must work at the same dealership as Twizzle ����������

+1 Benhams. Andy Scott excellent customer service.

Cheers Andy will make contact with him, do you think I can email him or does it have to be face to face as the thread police have said

Jeez what's wrong with some of you. Let me put it simply. Someone wants to sell a product, I make an enquiry, it shouldn't matter how, as long as the seller is aware of my interest and can therefore engage me. I have made an INITIAL enquiry, prior to moving forward, IF the numbers stack up. I don't see the point of travelling 80 miles each way to have a 5 minute conversation with someone to then find out the deal does not work out for me. Please list THE RULES because the only rules that count are the buyers, you should know that. As far as Discuss with wife and I think about it when have I mentioned that in any of my posts where the fuck you got that from?

Pretty much the only accurate thing you have said in your post is 'you've tried to stay out of this' so take your own advice.

You must work at the same dealership as Twizzle ����������
Perhaps you just come across as a time waster. Not saying you are. But perhaps you just seem that way:nenau

The dealers will have had dozens of emails where buyers what a px price without seeing the bike and the customer will take it as gospel when the dealer drops the value when they see the bike due to undisclosed damage or wear so now shy away from giving prices with seeing the bike to avoid confrontation later one mans mint bike is is to another man a shit heap

Best way I find is to turn up on your bike view and test ride the one your interested in while they work out a value on yours if the bike is the one for you work out a deal this method seems to work for most people.

Wonky, I don't work for a dealer, I'm a Sales Director for an international software company - who, as it happens has products to enable social selling. Unfortunately whilst the technology enables social selling, real people rarely do - I've seen it fail real time on multiple occasions!

Good luck with your purchase.:thumb2

Perhaps you just come across as a time waster. Not saying you are. But perhaps you just seem that way:nenau

Hi AA
Appreciate that as been around for more than a few years. I would have hoped that a salesman would generally suss out if someone was a time waster by at least having some interaction with them, takes minutes. I reprinted exactly what the emails were as my first thread. I used the word pretty much exactly what I am looking for, asked a question about retro fitting alarm, he could see I own a BMW bike so am familiar with the brand, he could also anticipate that it was likely my bike was as described and in good condition as only 8 months old. He had reg no so if he wanted to check he would see a few weeks ago I fully paid of the finance. I answered his one line questions and said I had cash or finance option. All in all I thought, although accept I could be wrong, he should have sussed out I was worth taking a little time out of his day but appears not. Anyway their loss and await another one to hit the market. May even buy new again as money burning a hole in my pocket I guess

Cheers

Wonky, I don't work for a dealer, I'm a Sales Director for an international software company - who, as it happens has products to enable social selling. Unfortunately whilst the technology enables social selling, real people rarely do - I've seen it fail real time on multiple occasions!

Good luck with your purchase.:thumb2

I know was only playing
All the best
Paul

Unfortunately I fully recognise your story, (both BMW cars and bikes). I much prefer to support my local dealers, however I won't put up with disinterested nor worse arrogant sales prevention staff. As a consequence I have not bought any of my 7x BMW's from my local dealer.

I can personally recommend Clinton at Lind in Norwich and any of the guys at North Oxford. All welcoming, engaging and proactive to get to a deal done.

If you're ever interested in a BMW car, Richard Bowring at Rybrook in Warwick is first class (and an ex bike racer).

Good luck with the purchase, you will love it.

Ride safe

What a different experience.

My son interested in a new bike saw one on line in Cotswold BMW, I popped in on Sunday to have a look and get a few details, he said he would pop in on Monday morning on way down past, comming from Herts. Arrived coffee waiting, looked at bikes etc did deal walked out 1hr later with deal for new bike.

Still waiting for 3 different BMW dealers to call me back from around 3 weeks ago for 2 different cars. In the meantime I just spoke to a broker and ordered a new VW instead.

In all fairness though Tony at BMW Tunbridge Wells was very good when I looked at a new GSA.

Cheers,

Phil

There's apparently disbelief that buyers will occasionally wander in off the street & buy a car / bike

I did it last year & bought a new Merc, trading in a perfectly nice 3 year old low mileage one that I'd just had serviced & new tyres fitted. I had no intention of buying a new one apart from impulse. Could have saved many many £'s if I'd planned ahead.

Right now I'm getting bored with it far sooner than I expected, the trip to the dealers might be tomorrow or in 12 months, I can't predict, but what I do know is that if I'm in the mood on that day I'll buy a new one as long as I don't come across a disinterested twat on the other side of the desk

This time last year I walked in to Motorrad Central in Dalkeith and told them I was interested in a little used TC TB GSA. After a couple of coffees and a bacon and egg roll Russell agreed to phone me when one came in. It did, he did and it very soon became mine. One month later I took my wife in and she came out with a GS WC from Len who couldn't have been more helpful. Brilliant customer service which, sadly, is very rare these days. They definitely get my vote!:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

That may be the one who said he spoke to me on the phone :banghead:I truly like to purchase locally, if I can, as it's easier if something goes wrong and want to support other local businesses but looks like I have to go elsewhere any suggestions ideally Midlands ?

Can only suggest Clint at Lind Mottorad in Norwich. Attentive and customer focused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom