Yes I bloody want one, a rant to salesmen

It appears some have found the same as me and others have had a different experience. It's not put me off at all was just highlighting my frustration BUT I am a great believer in fate so it was meant to be I guess. I am still tempted by the Iconic but wife and 12 yr old daughter said its meh ( that apparently means they don't approve) and as most know got to keep them happy but we will see !! Spoke to a dealer today who has said that probably this month BMW will announce new colour/s and he thinks the GSA may be triple black like the GS. Argh decisions decisions

It appears some have found the same as me and others have had a different experience. It's not put me off at all was just highlighting my frustration BUT I am a great believer in fate so it was meant to be I guess. I am still tempted by the Iconic but wife and 12 yr old daughter said its meh ( that apparently means they don't approve) and as most know got to keep them happy but we will see !! Spoke to a dealer today who has said that probably this month BMW will announce new colour/s and he thinks the GSA may be triple black like the GS. Argh decisions decisions

I thought the wife wasn't key in your decision making?

Just to add to the story's, I wanted to trade my GS in for a Triumph Explorer (don't hate me) and Chesterfield BMW had a traded in limited edition version advertised on Auto Trader that was exactly what I was looking for.
Got passed around the sales team until eventually spoke the the rep dealing with that bike and turns out it wasn't in stock yet - they'd used a stock picture.
So I asked for a few pictures of the bike and for a valuation on my bike. Said I wanted the bike (had the cash) and asked I at least get first refusal when I come in.
Heard nothing for a week - we know where this is going - so chased up, still no value for my bike and no pictures.
Week later I tried again only to be told another sales man had sold the bike at the weekend, even though apparently only my guy was dealing with it!
Not happy, told him if he'd pulled his thumb out of his arse he could have had that sale!
It really was like they couldn't be bothered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the wife wasn't key in your decision making?

That's what I try and believe but a happy wife = a happy life
I am actually more scared of my daughter who is an expert at taking the piss. She insists she does the 'nodding' to other bikers when she's on the back as I am crap at it, go figure !!

Dalkeith Mottorad Central are fantastic.

Just bought my second GSA (Lens old one which he went with me top Germany on 2 yrs ago) and they even dropped the price a fair old bit to make sure I came back to BMW.

Cannot praise them highly enough.

Has at Rainbow,I should never have gone back to them try. Adam at cannons in Braintree .CALM DOWN and phone Cannons bang on M8

All sorted Johnny as local dealer 'matched' best offer from Woollaston and I was happy with that preferring to support local dealer. Have to say though that the service, since signing, has been non existent and I contacted them 2 days ago asking for expected delivery date and still waiting for a reply. I judge them on the service I give to my clients so maybe being overly harsh but I will probably change bikes every 1-2 years, and have more than one when I have the space and likely to continue to be BMW. The salesman knows that so would expect him to give a good experience for this purchase but not given up hope yet.

Reading this thread -

.... it's like a window into a strange world. :D
In 40 odd years - I've never had a 'new' Bike.
All my deals have been done in front gardens, sheds and garages attached to a house.
Haggled over the phone and by eMail / clinched the deal with a handshake and a wad of cash.
Sure - there's just as many time wasters there - both buyers and sellers.
But cash money and self interest from both sides seems to help people cut to the chase and drop the bullshit.
... cant actually imagine walking into a proper Motorbike Shop and buying new. :eek:

Well Good Luck to yiz. :beerjug:

Balderston In Peterborough, great service and great staff, give TJ a ring, bought all my bikes from him, he's a good un.

They got back to me earlier. TB due in sometime W/C 5th Sept. They said it was still earlier than Nuttys though but they haven't told him yet :clap:clap:clap

It seems like I am the only one happy to be ignored, get shit service and pay more at Rainbow - don't know whats up wi yer all ??? :nenau:nenau:nenau

I am happy doing my bit to help make sure they are still there for when you might need advice or a pointer or some gear or OEM spares (i know, i know:blast), for your coffee and bollox moments and to conveniently service your trusty steed within 30 mins \1 hour drive of your home. :thumby:
You're welcome. :thumb

They are building mine next week :D :augie
Extra speedy delivery :drool:drool

Mercedes has cropped up a few times in this thread - and you can add Merc Ascot to that list, too.

The salesman just could not have put in less effort when I went in, having made a decision to buy a new car.

After 3 weeks of trying to drag any interest out of them, and turning up to test drive a car they'd forgotten to organise... I gave up and bought the car through a finance company, who were a pleasure to deal with.

By contrast, I took a Toyota to Jemca Toyota in Bracknell last year for a service and they were absolutely exceptional. Merc should be ashamed.

Be patient with your dealers on the subject of when they're going to get bikes on order/in transit in stock. Once they leave the factory they enter a black hole and no one, repeat no one, can get any information out of BMW as to their whereabouts until seeminlgly the last moment. That was my experience. I was impatient about a 2013 R1200GS WC that was allegedly built in January 2013 and shipped that same month. I had ordered it in November 2012 and come April 2013, after BMW had started putting the spec bikes in the showrooms i tried to track mine down to no avail. I cancelled; the bike showed up two weeks later, but I had already decided to keep riding my 2000 R1150GS. I'm glad it turned out that way considering the quality of the WC bikes, especially the 2013 first year bikes.

Also, lol re. the dude who is changing out 4 new cars every 6 months. That is just so impressive.

They aren't all too bad, my son works for BMW Inverness and always goes out of his way to make the customer welcome and happy. So if you need a car give me a shout and i can give you details, im sure he can get you a decent deal..

I doubt I'll be buying much from North Oxford again- had a bike and a car off them in the last year and they haven't been great on the after sales nor very good at returning calls for future sales either.

A few weeks ago I went in to test ride a GSA which they didn't have available as it was out with one of their staff- they said they would get it in for me and I waited to hear from them.
Several days passed without hearing anything so I went to another dealer, rode one, loved it and sorted my trade in for a delivery that happened last week.
2 days after I got the new bike I received a voicemail from North Oxford saying they could get me the bike to test ride with a couple of days notice, I just had to let them know when.
I rang them back and let them know not to worry.
I didn't bother saying that in the time that it took them to get back to me I had test ridden with another dealer, made my decision, organised my trade in, waited for the new bike to come in, the bike was prepped with some things I wanted done to it and I had taken delivery of that bike.

Suffice to say I'll probably not be buying much from them in future- they are close, so I'd rather keep them onside for the times when I need things done and don't fancy riding the 100 miles round trip to Maidenhead to Bahnstormer, who I bought the GSA from, as well another bike.

I've also had problems with Cotswold not getting back to with phone calls- in the last 3 years we've had 2 cars and 3 bikes from BMW dealers. Cotswold were called each time asking for prices, availability etc and not once have they returned a call. Recently they did call me out of the blue to see if I was going to come in for their 'amazing winter sales event'.

I doubt I'll be buying much from North Oxford again- had a bike and a car off them in the last year and they haven't been great on the after sales nor very good at returning calls for future sales either.

A few weeks ago I went in to test ride a GSA which they didn't have available as it was out with one of their staff- they said they would get it in for me and I waited to hear from them.
Several days passed without hearing anything so I went to another dealer, rode one, loved it and sorted my trade in for a delivery that happened last week.
2 days after I got the new bike I received a voicemail from North Oxford saying they could get me the bike to test ride with a couple of days notice, I just had to let them know when.
I rang them back and let them know not to worry.
I didn't bother saying that in the time that it took them to get back to me I had test ridden with another dealer, made my decision, organised my trade in, waited for the new bike to come in, the bike was prepped with some things I wanted done to it and I had taken delivery of that bike.

Suffice to say I'll probably not be buying much from them in future- they are close, so I'd rather keep them onside for the times when I need things done and don't fancy riding the 100 miles round trip to Maidenhead to Bahnstormer, who I bought the GSA from, as well another bike.

I've also had problems with Cotswold not getting back to with phone calls- in the last 3 years we've had 2 cars and 3 bikes from BMW dealers. Cotswold were called each time asking for prices, availability etc and not once have they returned a call. Recently they did call me out of the blue to see if I was going to come in for their 'amazing winter sales event'.

I find that the bike dealers without a car dealer attached tend to do better deals, as they have more freedom. Either that or they are more hungry for the business.

Good shout with Bahnstormer Maidenhead, they're a top bunch of chaps.:thumb

I find that the bike dealers without a car dealer attached tend to do better deals, as they have more freedom. Either that or they are more hungry for the business.

Good shout with Bahnstormer Maidenhead, they're a top bunch of chaps.:thumb

Sounds feasible until you throw Wollaston in Northampton into that equation, then it simply does not add up:D

Back
Top Bottom