Yes I bloody want one, a rant to salesmen

I doubt I'll be buying much from North Oxford again- had a bike and a car off them in the last year and they haven't been great on the after sales nor very good at returning calls for future sales either.

I didn't bother saying that in the time that it took them to get back to me I had test ridden with another dealer, made my decision, organised my trade in, waited for the new bike to come in, the bike was prepped with some things I wanted done to it and I had taken delivery of that bike.

It may do others a service in the future if you had told them how crap they were and what you expected to get (service wise) and obviously did elsewhere. They MAY up their game ??

It may do others a service in the future if you had told them how crap they were and what you expected to get (service wise) and obviously did elsewhere. They MAY up their game ??

More likely they will nod their heads in agreement then when you walk out the door call you a wanker, that's service nowadays :D

If I thought it would have worked then I would have said something but I had other reasons to think that I'd be wasting my breath.

Try Cotswold BMW Gloucester - they were good when I last had a BMW (4 years ago). Could have sunk to the level of the rest by now, but worth a call?

Last week tried to test drive a used car from BMW. Asked them to confirm it was on site the morning I planned travel to see it as I'd be using public transport plus taxi. No call so I didn't travel. Then I got the where are you call. ' he tried to call, email and left a voicemail'- lair liar pants on fire.

Last night I email another dealer, today I get a personalised video of the car in a template email to compare specs, prices,ask questions etc. Not all bad, but my God does a bad one annoy.

What commission do these guys get and why do they let money walk out of the showroom

Flashy showrooms filled with latte machines and arrogant arseholes who don't even normally look up from their ipad !! You were lucky !!!
It's brilliant!

I get a free drink and biscuits when I pop in on my 13 year old GSA for a crush washer costing 0.20p :thumb

I usually use the toilet also just to get my money's worth.

Just my two penne the worth. When I was looking at swopping my 1198 I went to my local BMW dealer for a test ride on a standard lc gs and left my duke with them to value while I was out. Came back after a couple of hours saying I loved the bike and needed some figures. Unfortunately they were quite low on the px but I said doesn't matter, what can you do with extras to try and make it up? Nothing was their reply, no clothing, no reduced panniers or finance deal. That's the price! I said I needed to make a decision in the next few days and I was test riding a triumph explorer that afternoon (not in a threatening manner, just wanted them to know I had money to spend). Still no budging although they did mention of a 500 mile one in stock that was cheaper than new but again no movement on px price. It would also need extras like panniers and sat nav so wasn't a mile away from new price really. Anyway off I went to triumph (50 miles away) with a similar story of needing something soon and again left them with the duke while I went off on a test ride. Came back and they had a price ready, along with other extras to throw in. Got it all in writing and after a couple of days rang BMW back saying i had a bike to buy this morning and if they can sweeten the deal then I can be sold. Again no change in deal so ended up with the triumph. The BMW experience wasn't particularly bad it was just a bit of a sour taste regarding that's the price so pay it rather than any form of haggling. I guess the triumph dealer had more room to move as it was the last of the old shape so could afford to offer more trade in, however I have had nothing but good dealings with them whenever I visit the showroom.

Buying my Company Car I entered BMW at Warrington and, having walked around the cars approached a Salesman. I said 'Could I have the keys to a 5 series car please' ...with no further ado, and without asking me which one, he about turned and came back to me with a random key. I said 'Do you know which car I am interested in?' he looked at me blank and said 'No'. Furthermore I don't think he really cared. The deal was done elsewhere, quickly as cash buyers. What a dope he was.

It's brilliant!

I get a free drink and biscuits when I pop in on my 13 year old GSA for a crush washer costing 0.20p :thumb

I usually use the toilet also just to get my money's worth.

Don't forget you can nick their toilet rolls and soap while you're there. We've saved a fortune over the years.:D

And here's another one....

BMW Jeffires Baildon .... I enter showroom and show interest in the S1000XR, I tell them I'm keeping my GS LC but I think I may buy the XR as a second bike. They say 'Take one for the weekend ..... you'll love it' So I did, and I did love it.

Prior to purchase I asked at my local Lancashire dealer. They agreed to lend me a bike whilst they fitted some tyres to my GS. When I turned up, at a time that suited them, they had lent the bike to someone else and I had to have the rest of the afternoon off work at their convenience. Then when I asked the salesman about the XR he said he could order me one, but couldn't quote me right now as he didn't know what the prices would be in the new year. FURTHERMORE, he had a brand new unregistered model parked 8 feet behind me in the colour that I wanted, and factory lowered as well BUT STILL he didn't offer it to me. I told him that I was a cash buyer .... maybe he wanted a deal with finance as well.

FURTHERMORE due to his lack of interest I ordered the XR at Baildon, they discounted the list price quite heavily, even on a '17 model, and threw in the first service as well. I came away happily looking forward to March 1st.

Then, almost a MONTH later, I get an email from Lancashire dealer asking me if I was ready to 'pull the trigger' on an XR. I told him politely that I had placed an order elsewhere .... he didn't even offer me the courtesy of a reply.
Ahhh well.... who'd be a salesman. Having said all that I have now bought 8 BMW cars and bikes, Brand loyalty must be fairly strong.

And another.

The wife wanted another car and she saw one in Manchester in the colour and spec she wanted. We live In Sheffield so didn't want to be going back and forth looking then back again to pickup so I did a deal over the phone put a deposit on it and said if it's as discussed I will pay on the day and take it with us. I mentioned I was extremely busy and that I would be there as they opened so I could get back to do some work.
We arrived at 9am and asked for the salesman but was told he hadn't arrived yet but feel free to look around. We went in search of the car in question but could not see it. At 9.30 we asked a group of salesmen had he turned up yet they all burst out laughing saying you must be joking he'll still be on the golf course.
We waited until 10.15 and totally pissed off just got in the car and came home. About 11.45 I got a phone call asking what time am I picking the car up. After explaining that I had already been and that I would like my deposit back he gave me loads of excuses about that he was in work all along and he was helping detail the car. It didn't help and I still wanted a refund. About an hour later the dealer principal rang me apologising about the salesman being late but he had to take his son to hospital and that he would bring the car to me. I told him politely his salesman was full of shit and that I would not buy the car at any price.

I have had two Toyotas from Reading Toyota and had outstanding customer service from the moment we walked in the show room to the moment we sold. I wish they produced more exciting cars as I would buy again.

This is in stark contrast to Landrover Reading (ok it was two years ago) when we tried to buy a Discovery from them and gave up. Booked a test drive only to be told when we got there car had been taken home by one of the Directors. Second attempt they had double booked and even though we were there first the other customers were given the car....they had turned up in a Range Rover.

Wanted to see the sales manager to complain but he was in a management meeting. Complete shower of shit....bought from Basingstoke who were OK. I would rear drink my own piss rather than buy from Reading Landrover. You could argue that Reading were trying to do me a favour..... to been the most reliable car....but that's another (long) story.

I have a very simple way of dealing with these salesmen and their tactics

I do the research on the car or bike i want comparing all the options and price.

I walk into a showroom find a salesman and tell him i want to but that particular car. Give him a minute to do all his spouting shit and then tell him what i will pay in cash there and then.

Wait for him to say that he cant do it at that price etc etc then walk out of the showroom whilst saying OK goodbye have a good day here is my number if you change your mind.

What normally happens is i get chased across the car park by the salesman or the sales manager saying that they will sell me the car or bike for the price i offered.

On one occasion they did call me a couple of hours later to do the deal i wanted but surprisingly i had changed my mind on the price and wanted more discount which i did get.

Easy peasy and if they don't do that then they genuinely could not do the deal i wanted and offered.

I do the research on the car or bike i want comparing all the options and price.

I walk into a showroom find a salesman and tell him i want to but that particular car. Give him a minute to do all his spouting shit and then tell him what i will pay in cash there and then.

Wait for him to say that he cant do it at that price etc etc then walk out of the showroom whilst saying OK goodbye have a good day here is my number if you change your mind.

What normally happens is i get chased across the car park by the salesman or the sales manager saying that they will sell me the car or bike for the price i offered.

On one occasion they did call me a couple of hours later to do the deal i wanted but surprisingly i had changed my mind on the price and wanted more discount which i did get.

Easy peasy and if they don't do that then they genuinely could not do the deal i wanted and offered.

I used exactly that tactic years ago when trying to buy a Mercedes ML270....we agreed spec and then I said the price I was prepared to pay....I was told Mercedes never do discounts so I got up and walked out..... and then.........

.....nothing. They let me go!

Don't forget you can nick their toilet rolls and soap while you're there. We've saved a fortune over the years.:D
Mmmmm, clever :thumb

On a serious note I wasn't impressed with Rainbow.

At the Dent event I was offered the opportunity to experience the BMW of my choice for an extended test ride.

Having chosen a date I rang the dealer to organise picking the bike up. Because it was a bank holiday weekend I had to pick it up on the Thursday which was most inconvenient as I should have been at work and the weather was particularly fine on that day, which would have been a very good day for work. Then on collection I had to deal with the salesman patter on how all these buttons worked and how fantastic the S1000R was....then he explained that due to the bank holiday not only would I have to pick it up a day early, but that I couldn't take it back until the following Tuesday! OK, I thought, I can work with that but what if the weather was fine.....bugger me, it was glorious, another fine work day lost.

The bike was the wrong spec too, it had all the gizmos and gadgets on, but not the one I really wanted which was the led DRL.

So having been stuck with a new bike for several days I returned it. I was greeted by the sight of my beloved GSA. They had had it for the several days and the feckers never even cleaned it. I was thoroughly disgusted.

Bloody dealers, wankers I tell ya :anger

Mmmmm, clever :thumb

On a serious note I wasn't impressed with Rainbow.

At the Dent event I was offered the opportunity to experience the BMW of my choice for an extended test ride.

Having chosen a date I rang the dealer to organise picking the bike up. Because it was a bank holiday weekend I had to pick it up on the Thursday which was most inconvenient as I should have been at work and the weather was particularly fine on that day, which would have been a very good day for work. Then on collection I had to deal with the salesman patter on how all these buttons worked and how fantastic the S1000R was....then he explained that due to the bank holiday not only would I have to pick it up a day early, but that I couldn't take it back until the following Tuesday! OK, I thought, I can work with that but what if the weather was fine.....bugger me, it was glorious, another fine work day lost.

The bike was the wrong spec too, it had all the gizmos and gadgets on, but not the one I really wanted which was the led DRL.

So having been stuck with a new bike for several days I returned it. I was greeted by the sight of my beloved GSA. They had had it for the several days and the feckers never even cleaned it. I was thoroughly disgusted.

Bloody dealers, wankers I tell ya :anger

:aidan

May I suggest 1 additional step. Spec the car online, print it off for your records. Copy and paste it then use a site lien car wow. Let them find the dealer that takes the 20% off then you know the start point in the margin.

Another let down by North Oxford BMW.
I've phoned twice now about a problem I am having with my System 6 Evo helmet and had to leave a message.
No one has phoned back.

Screw 'em.

I came across Gary at Wollaston NORTHAMPTON , by chance, as I was phoning around a few dealers for prices on pre.reg bikes. He offered me a great deal on a unregistered bike, said he would phone me back in a couple of hours with his best price on my Ducati, which he did, and it was a good price.He then offered to deliver the bike to me in cornwall and pick up my old one on the strength of my word and pictures I sent him. A few days later the van turned up driven by a very pleasant Eastern European lad. The service was absolutely faultless, and it gives me great pleasure to say that because I am as hard as fuck to please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom