Yes I bloody want one, a rant to salesmen

I have only ever bought one bike new in my life - a Kawasaki Z750 twin. I had been looking at it lovingly for about a year in Vospers of Plymouth, not that particular bike but that model. Vospers had two in stock when the new Z750-4 was announced. I got a phone call from a sales chap when they knew the new model was arriving and it had been announced. He simply asked me, if he did me a knock down price was I really interested in one of the two 750 twins they had in stock? The list price was something like £1750 and I was offered it at £1100. I borrowed some money from my Mum and went straight down there. I had that bike over 10 years and put 120,000 miles on it, then one day I set it on fire with a battery charger. The wooden shed and everything wen tup - I was milking the cows at the time so never saw the flames. :rolleyes:

Do you think I would be allowed in a dealership? I don't think my feet are worthy of their carpet. I did go in to try an F800GS Adv for size back along, but I wasn't exactly put at ease and I am still not sure if I was really just tolerated politely but that they didn't actually want me in there. The one in Long Eaton, I can't remember what they are called. :confused:

Pidcocks mate and don't for one minute think you are special, they treat all potential customers like that :D

May I suggest 1 additional step. Spec the car online, print it off for your records. Copy and paste it then use a site lien car wow. Let them find the dealer that takes the 20% off then you know the start point in the margin.

And that's the modern way to buy a car - bypassing these twats sat in glass offices with their lies and stupid prices. "The dealer looks after me" and "They know me in there" are two of the most twattish phrases I've ever heard. The dealer's only looking after his job and his bonus.

It does rather rob the average GSer of the ability to demonstrate and shout about their legendary and superior negotiating prowess though.........

I use Cannon in Braintree Essex, never let me down. Ask for Adam Paris. :thumby:

Never again will I step foot in there, however good Adam is. That business burnt its bridges many times many years ago with me.

Care to share your experience ? We can only speak as we find.

I've posted my views on here once or twice and they are now a few years old as haven't used them since just after they moved to Braintree (not a factor, it was a nice ride up there). The owners who gave the business it's name had little concept of customer service outside of their circle of friends, condescending treatment at the service desk, lies about work done and a generally shit attitude. I had one of the early 12GSs in 2004 and it was an unpleasant fight getting anything looked at within the warranty period. I don't have (nor do I want) fantastic technical and mechanical knowledge and in their eyes that put me in the "lets see how much we can take the piss out of this guy" category. Really galling given that I bought two new bikes and loads of kit in 3 years plus had all servicing done there. The polar opposite of the experience had once I started using and buying from someone else, further away.

I'd like to hope it's changed given that some years have passed, but as long as that name is above the door I will not be finding out.

I use Cannon in Braintree Essex, never let me down. Ask for Adam Paris. :thumby:

I've posted my views on here once or twice and they are now a few years old as haven't used them since just after they moved to Braintree (not a factor, it was a nice ride up there). The owners who gave the business it's name had little concept of customer service outside of their circle of friends, condescending treatment at the service desk, lies about work done and a generally shit attitude. I had one of the early 12GSs in 2004 and it was an unpleasant fight getting anything looked at within the warranty period. I don't have (nor do I want) fantastic technical and mechanical knowledge and in their eyes that put me in the "lets see how much we can take the piss out of this guy" category. Really galling given that I bought two new bikes and loads of kit in 3 years plus had all servicing done there. The polar opposite of the experience had once I started using and buying from someone else, further away.

I'd like to hope it's changed given that some years have passed, but as long as that name is above the door I will not be finding out.

My Cannons experience mirrors yours exactly. I dont care if they have been named as the best dealership in all regards on the planet, they can forever go f*ck themselves.

Has at Rainbow,I should never have gone back to them try. Adam at cannons in Braintree .CALM DOWN and phone Cannons bang on M8

I cant agree enough, Adam sold me my second hand 1200 and he was a star! I didnt have the time to go and look at the bike so he sent me pictures of any details I wanted and gave me as much info as I could use. The one thing that stood out from the sale was he rated the bike much lower than it infact was. He said it wasnt the best he had seen but wasnt bad. When the bike arrived it was much better than he had described and much more than I had thought I was getting. Now thats how a bike should be sold! That was 21,000 miles ago and I still love the bike.
Cannons would always be my choice for buying a new or used BMW.

Back
Top Bottom