Yes I bloody want one, a rant to salesmen

Wonkey donkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've worked in sales for 25+ years and it still astonishes me the lacklustre attitude of BMW salesmen. Have experienced it with cars, then not getting back to you after your enquiry to buy etc etc. Now experienced it twice in 2 weeks with the attempted purchase of a GSA. 1st one established if I was a serious buyer, asked me some leading questions then we agreed he would work on some figures for GSA Iconic, £18 and a half bloody grand and he never gets back to me!! Week later go in, mention my name and he says he phoned and spoke to me, fooking lying git.
So on to this morning, find a GSA send an email, he responds asking what deal I want FFS man !! Tell him can pay cash or if better deal is offered by doing a few grand on finance would consider that as well. Last I heard from him nada, nothing, nowt, F all.

Are they all like this now where they sell themselves or has true customer service gone for good:p1zzed::p1zzed::p1zzed::p1zzed::p1zzed::p1zzed:

I've worked in sales for 25+ years and it still astonishes me the lacklustre attitude of BMW salesmen. Have experienced it with cars, then not getting back to you after your enquiry to buy etc etc. Now experienced it twice in 2 weeks with the attempted purchase of a GSA. 1st one established if I was a serious buyer, asked me some leading questions then we agreed he would work on some figures for GSA Iconic, £18 and a half bloody grand and he never gets back to me!! Week later go in, mention my name and he says he phoned and spoke to me, fooking lying git.
So on to this morning, find a GSA send an email, he responds asking what deal I want FFS man !! Tell him can pay cash or if better deal is offered by doing a few grand on finance would consider that as well. Last I heard from him nada, nothing, nowt, F all.

Are they all like this now where they sell themselves or has true customer service gone for good:p1zzed::p1zzed::p1zzed::p1zzed::p1zzed::p1zzed:

Flashy showrooms filled with latte machines and arrogant arseholes who don't even normally look up from their ipad !! You were lucky !!!

Name and shame the dealers.

I went into Mercedes Bristol where they had a row of 20 or so used cars for sale. All of them except one near the middle were silver (no surprise there). The one odd one out was a deep burgundy colour. I found a salesman in the showroom and told him I was interested in the burgundy S Class pointing to it outside. He told me they didn't have any burgundy cars which one was it I meant? We stepped outside into the lot and I again pointed to the one non silver car in the row saying that burgundy S Class if I could have a look at it and gets some details?

I'm sorry which one? He again asked so we walked over to it and touching it I said this one. With the smuggest of voices he said that's not burgundy sir, that's almandine black. I looked at him for a moment and then told him that guess what it's not sold either and my wife and I left. I enjoy my S Class purchased from a dealer in the next town.

I went into Mercedes Bristol where they had a row of 20 or so used cars for sale. All of them except one near the middle were silver (no surprise there). The one odd one out was a deep burgundy colour. I found a salesman in the showroom and told him I was interested in the burgundy S Class pointing to it outside. He told me they didn't have any burgundy cars which one was it I meant? We stepped outside into the lot and I again pointed to the one non silver car in the row saying that burgundy S Class if I could have a look at it and gets some details?

I'm sorry which one? He again asked so we walked over to it and touching it I said this one. With the smuggest of voices he said that's not burgundy sir, that's almandine black. I looked at him for a moment and then told him that guess what it's not sold either and my wife and I left. I enjoy my S Class purchased from a dealer in the next town.

Hope you took it back to show him :thumb

They aren't salesmen any more, and don't have to be. Put any main dealer car or bike salesman in a proper sales job, and they wouldn't have a clue.

Piddcocks?

That may be the one who said he spoke to me on the phone :banghead:I truly like to purchase locally, if I can, as it's easier if something goes wrong and want to support other local businesses but looks like I have to go elsewhere any suggestions ideally Midlands ?

Yep seen the same with a Merc dealer who wanted £500 off me to test drive one of their cars. Told him I was not that desperate and stuck with BMW and a dealer who looks after me albeit the dealership is 120 miles away. Local Shitner dealership is shite too. Think I need to move from Nottingham the only thing we have that is any good is Forest, oh they are shit now as well :p

Give the guys at Lind Motorrad Norwich a call. They made a proper effort when I bought my GSA last Sept. Ben is the sales manager and has Joe and Clinton who work for him. Dealt with all of them at various stages of the buying process and they were all nice fellas and made me feel like they cared about the BMW brand and my experience as a customer. Darren (who runs the place) came up to chat to me when I was collecting the bike. He asked me about the service I had received from his team and asked if there was anything they could have done differently to improve my experience. I was impressed.

They also have a GSA iconic in the showroom ready and waiting for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Oxford are pretty good, bought a few approved used from them and never felt like I was being treated any differently to someone who was walking in with 18k and buying new. Certainly never found them to be arrogant, far from it.
The Service Dept are spot on to, Matt's a good guy, knows his stuff, and his customers, and they've a decent and well informed team.
The Sales guy's at Bahnstormer in Maidenhead are good as well, although I have found the Service department to be a little arrogant in a kind of 'yeah, yeah, Mr Customer, we know better than you' kind of a way.....fuck em, my bike will go to NOG when required despite the fact that it's 3 times the distance both ways.
It's worth travelling to find a good one, if everybody did the same we'd weed out the shit and they'd either buck up their ideas or be out of a job, some of these guy's do need reminding from time to time that the customer pays their salary not BMW.

Plus one for sales at North Oxford.

One off my neighbours changes his cars every six months. He went to Audi and says they didn't make any effort to meet and greet him. So he went to MB Oxford where they were polite and helpful. He bought 4 cars on that visit, and will go back for four more every six months, until they ignore him.

That may be the one who said he spoke to me on the phone :banghead:I truly like to purchase locally, if I can, as it's easier if something goes wrong and want to support other local businesses but looks like I have to go elsewhere any suggestions ideally Midlands ?

Go and talk to Steve at Wollaston in Northampton, I've bought a couple of bikes off him, been looked after both times

My favourite was Volvo dealer, gave my local team the spec I was looking for....

Found one myself in Plymouth, on their (Volvo used car) web site, phoned Plymouth did the deal, got it delivered to the local dealer, where upon they said why did you not del with us, I pointed out it was on "their" web site.

The salesman said and I quote..... "Ah yes we did see that one, but we'd not think you could afford it"

I said, "well you were wrong......"

:blast

Had the same response with VW shop in Oxford . Went in there to arrange test drive , said they would arrange to get car and contact me but didn't. Went again month later made a point of seeing different salesman , guess what exactly the same response . Phoned Swindon and arranged over the phone for next day . This was all after being treated like sh.t by service department in Oxford some years ago but I was prepared to give them another try . Won't cross their doorstep ever again hope they go out of business it's what they deserve

Well it goes on. Three days ago I sent this

'
Hi

Pretty much what I am after, wish it was alarmed though can it be retro fitted?

Based on what you will offer on P/X for mine? Then gave my bike details,

The response was

What kind of Deal are you looking for ?

My response was

Have cash unless you can offer a better deal if take a couple of grand on finance. As long as I can pay it off with no penalty its ok.

Can the alarm be retro fitted ?

SO finally today I get the following from him

I do not think we could offer any finance deal better than you paying Cash.

For fuck sake all I am after is a p/X for mine so I can agree a sale is he just fucking thick, arrogant, stupid or what.
Sent him an email basically telling him he is a prick and I will go to another dealer who wants to sell a motorbike :banghead:

Er, Wonkey donkey, why did you bother re-engaging with them? Move on son, another will come up.

I feel you are looking for a fight... Buying a bike is simple, phone - make an appointment, arrive allow them to value your bike in the metal - agree the best deal for all parties are ride away a few days later happy....

Er, Wonkey donkey, why did you bother re-engaging with them? Move on son, another will come up.

I didn't he just replied from my email early Friday morning and couldn't resist responding to the last email to tell him what I thought. Anyway moving on and looking again

Back
Top Bottom