Avon Trailrider review

I have them fitted to my Yamaha S10. Very good grip wet and dry, but the rear is wearing out and squaring off at 5000mls. I think at most 6000mls from the rear, The front looks good for another 3000mls at most. I have also just fitted a pair to my R100gs, not gone far on them yet.

That's 10,000kms for a rear tyre.......... what type of mileage would you expect from a tyre??

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I usually replace my rear tyres between 5 and 6000mls, sometimes replace front tyre at same time even though it may have another couple of thousand left.

Well, changed from PR4 trails to trailriders on Saturday. I've been for a ride today and have never felt anything steer so strangely in my whole life. They are so stable it feels like the mechanic tightened the steering bolts up. Don't want to turn in and for some reason counter steering doesn't have the same effect. It's as if you have to get over the bike and force it to do what you want. Nearly binned it when i went for a quick change of direction that would have been easy on the Michelin's, and just wasn't happening with the trailriders.
Ill run them to the end of their life but won't be getting them again.
Disappointed in their on road ability.

Well, changed from PR4 trails to trailriders on Saturday. I've been for a ride today and have never felt anything steer so strangely in my whole life. They are so stable it feels like the mechanic tightened the steering bolts up. Don't want to turn in and for some reason counter steering doesn't have the same effect. It's as if you have to get over the bike and force it to do what you want. Nearly binned it when i went for a quick change of direction that would have been easy on the Michelin's, and just wasn't happening with the trailriders.
Ill run them to the end of their life but won't be getting them again.
Disappointed in their on road ability.
How many miles have you got on them and what pressure do you run?? (psi please)

Sent from a OnePlusX.

About 300 miles so far. Consistently performed as above. I thought same, 36 front 42 rear. I think it's the profile of the front.

Yeah, I'd expect them to be well scrubbed in with 300 on them.

That's puzzling. I find them very sure footed in the corners with very predictable turn in.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

About 300 miles so far. Consistently performed as above. I thought same, 36 front 42 rear. I think it's the profile of the front.

Not wishing to fuck with your mind, but it's you, your bike or both that's not quite right...not the tyre.

I came from PR4s which I thought were great, and was amazed how the Trail Rider could up the game on them - Now on my 3rd set

Not wishing to fuck with your mind, but it's you, your bike or both that's not quite right...not the tyre.

I came from PR4s which I thought were great, and was amazed how the Trail Rider could up the game on them - Now on my 3rd set

Why is it not the tyre , in the past I have had TWO defective Continental Trail Attack tyres (a TA1 and a few years later a TA 2) ,also I've had a couple of defective TOYO tyres on the cars and at work we have had problems with faulty Michelins and Goodyears it happens .

Why is it not the tyre , in the past I have had TWO defective Continental Trail Attack tyres (a TA1 and a few years later a TA 2) ,also I've had a couple of defective TOYO tyres on the cars and at work we have had problems with faulty Michelins and Goodyears it happens .

Because he's not saying that the tyres are defective, he's saying he does not like them

Yeah, I'd expect them to be well scrubbed in with 300 on them.

That's puzzling. I find them very sure footed in the corners with very predictable turn in.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

+1 no complaints about them from me

The trail riders are the best tyres i have had on a gs or adventure, didn't n go steady scrubbing them in, got nearly 1k on them, fitted to my Lc Gs,
compared to pr4 they give less feedback and feel less fussy with more grip on poor surfaces, the turn in is quick , very stable on little lanes and faster stuff,
we all have different expectations ,
Roamer

Back
Top Bottom