Avon Trailrider review

I've done some dry green lanes on mine (Hexhead Adv) they are supposed to be 10% offroad...

They're not TKCs but they are OK, I would not put them on for trail riding but if I had the need to ride some trails i'd not be sitting at the trail head thinking oh shite...

So, what are they like when "making progress" on normal twisty roads?

You know what my requirements are, after Adams spirited ride!:green gri

I had a spirited run over my normal mountain playground yesterday (but it was directly after having them fitted)
They have plenty of grip, in fact, the compound feels so soft to prod with your fingernail, I'd be surprised if they last very long. The front seems slower to turn than the TKC70 (which felt like it wanted to fall over on itself)

A few more hundred kms and I'll have a better idea but I don't think that they'll be lacking in out and out grip.

(just to be clear, I'm on a Hexhead)

Sent from a OnePlusX

Thanks for the update Younger06.

Considerings going for a set of these on a WC GSA - (even though you are on a hex) further thoughts and feedback in the next week or so would be great please!

Brilliant, I've now done 3500 miles and still plenty of tread left, I can't fault the handling or grip, even at full chat round the bends

Terry

Brilliant I went from Tourance to PR4's and found them to be great for spirited work, I used then on the RDGA. The Avons IMO have raised the bar on the PR4's they give so so much confidence

I have these tyres fitted to my xt1200z and found them to be brilliant, did a total of 4000 miles on them in Europe a few weeks ago and the performed superb.
Even 2 up with full luggage the handling was brilliant. Managed to do fuente de to sotre, carcastillo desert and the Andorra smugglers route with no issues. After 5k miles now the rear is about 3/4 worn...... Not bad at all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yep, I'm finding them fantastic. The carcass of the tyre feels very solid and sturdy without giving a crashy ride (that I felt the PR4 gave)

Loving them, so far.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Avon trailriders fitted yesterday on my 08 gsa, went out today an it's got a front end shimmy, feels like I'm riding on a very soft front tyre, had tourance exp's on prior and didn't have any problems with them, any ideas ?

I found the front took a couple of spins to bed itself in and feel "right"
It felt a little slow to turn for the first 100kms but definitely didn't feel like there was anything wrong.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Yep, just had a look at my mechanics brand new GSA LC Iconic (only collected this morning) and it has Anakee3 on the rims.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Yep, just had a look at my mechanics brand new GSA LC Iconic (only collected this morning) and it has Anakee3 on the rims.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Don't tell him it's last years model, whatever you do!:D

Don't tell him it's last years model, whatever you do!:D
It's far better looking in the flesh than in the Web photos.

Also, the special edition number is on a little Tricolour backing which is apparently hand painted and lacquered over (on the little coin cubby)

I thought this was a nice touch by BMW UK which is obviously where the Irish market stock comes from.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Just a little update on the Trailriders. I have just ordered a rear after approx 10,000kms, the front looks like it will last through with the second rear. I have not had this happen with PR4, Scorpion Trail II and TKC 70, so I am delighted.

I still reckon it's a fantastic tyre.

Is everyone still happy with these? I'm tempted to get some for the GSA. If anyone has seen any decent offers on a pair for the LC, please post a link up.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom