A few lanes on big bikes Sunday

Had a good session Sunday, Weather was good and dry trails were nice n quiet too at 645am :)

Did few lanes and then played in a quarry to practice various maneuvers. (figure 8's, stop starts, hill recovery and moving around the bike etc)

IMG_2255-M.jpg

Need more practice though :)

Last edited:
I was out Sat morning - hit the first trail at 7am.

What a glorious morning, stopped in the Yonderman for a cuppa at 9.30 and home by 10am for the trip darn sarf.

I may venture out this Sunday - early again.

Am tempted again this Sunday, would like to get more practice in. Need to check Diary first though.

Forecast is dry for Sunday morning so may pop out - I will need to stick to dry lanes as my tires are on the way out :blast

OK diary clear, so early start 645am somewhere. Gives me couple of hours fun and rest of the morning to do something else.
How about beginning of Houndkirk, sheffield end? Nice long steady start?

Stuff I go on is fine for big bikes, not that I have little bike at all.

Sounds good at the moment, I'll confirm Saturday afternoon.

Where's Houndkirk? is it the long lane from the Norfolk Arms?

OK diary clear, so early start 645am somewhere. Gives me couple of hours fun and rest of the morning to do something else.
How about beginning of Houndkirk, sheffield end? Nice long steady start?

Stuff I go on is fine for big bikes, not that I have little bike at all.

Looking like a lovely bright morning tomorrow. Should be fun!

Just 3 of us I think.

Was good morning ride, weather was good, pleased to meet you gspod!

Trails all devoid of people, horses, ramblers etc so could have some fun, learn a new lane I can add to my routes to play one so am happy :)

Bent a gear leaver on a slow turn which I should to took with little more speed. Went down of course, then hill start on gravel..... went down on other side.
Thanks to gspod for the assistance on picking up my bike.

IMG_2274-M.jpg

Actually fell and ended up on this position!

IMG_2275-M.jpg

Result of fall, minus rubber bit I pulled off.

One trip to shop to buy a blow torch and little bit of paint later :)
IMG_2276-L.jpg

Enjoyed it very much, will try and get out at least 1 Sunday a month minimum on a regular basis. Will post if I do if anyone else wants to help me pick my bike up :thumby:

Last edited:
Yes a great morning and nice to meet you Ferrol

I learned 2 new lanes, very close to home :thumb2

I hope I didn't slow you down too much with my bimbling. I'm off on holiday for a few weeks but will be out for more practice when I return :thumby:

Wish I had seen this earlier - I would have loved to go out again with someone. Not been off road since the Skygod day in about March or April. I enjoyed that day, despite being VERY tentative before going. Plymouth working this weekend, but I shall keep watching now I know where to look. :blast

We are on for this Sunday chaps. 0830 for breccy at the usual and 0900 wheels rolling up to about noon ish.
Big bike friendly lanes.

We are on for this Sunday chaps. 0830 for breccy at the usual and 0900 wheels rolling up to about noon ish.
Big bike friendly lanes.

Bugger, why am I always working the days you go out? Ace Cafe Saturday, then Brighton on Sunday, home to pack for Scotland on Monday. Too many miles!

OK am on Hols next 2 weekends but am planning on an outing 18th September early morning if anyone is up for it.

Though it is getting dark again. But have lights so could hit the trails before dawn (Whoever Dawn is....)

Not on this weekend but the weekend after I will be. 11th of September.

Back
Top Bottom