The beginnings of a 1975 Suzuki TR750

Andy, will be round tomorrow so get kettle on!! Hit a wall today, clutch holding and no power increase suspect transfer port floor needs to be lowered but will confer with Matt at BDK to get a more informed view than mine!! Bike is heavy at 181 kg wet so you can tell be about fancy bolts please.
Hi Bill,wouldn’t you be better off capping the power at 100bhp?
Keep the thing reliable?
Prob daft question:blast

Mikey, your right. In talking with Matt at BDK and having told him it is not a clutch issue he suggested the following. The porting and the pipes come out of sync at 8000 rpm. The bike comes back on the pipe at about 8400 till 9000 and then drops off. Matt thinks the initial pipe header is to short thus the pipe comes in late. All very interesting. My plan now is to finish off the bike and give it a go. Can always play around with expansion chambers later. What you would get a kick out of is the bike just takes having its nuts screwed off on the dyno all in its stride, doesn't appeared stressed at all............. Two strokes are the future!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 834
Don't forget that an engine never sounds sweeter and better than in the last moments before it blows up. :D

Fabulous build and I'm enjoying looking and reading about it. :thumb

I'm aware the pic is of a 550 - it was to show the ram air heads. Few people seem to be aware of them now.
The photos in the family album show they they did indeed make some albeit few and far between.
It sat next to the Jota Laverda and a VF my step dad had that all had "chequered histories" shall we say....
Add those to the numerous Trumpets - grew up a stones throw from the factory and the R&D dept were his snooker teammates so all sorts of unusual beasts were part of my formative years and I'm lucky enough to still have a couple tucked away.

All most finished. Just picked up the fairing from the painters this morning. All decals are painted on as are the stripes, very pleased with the result.

Still need to set up the suspension and then off to Cadwell I guess.

Attachments

• P1080719.jpg
    P1080719.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 1,040
  • P1080726.jpg
    P1080726.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 1,025
  • P1080729.jpg
    P1080729.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • P1080722.jpg
    P1080722.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 951
Lovely. I hope it runs well at Cadwell and you have a great day.

Ive been following this thread for a while and it just gets better and better. That bike looks the dogs danglees. Have a great day at Cadwell and take care with that peaky power!

Steve
Ps Did I say we need some sooooooound !

Thanks for your encouraging comments gents, it's taken a while and still not quite finished but close now

If it's possible for a bike to take your breath away, it just did ;);)

A lovely job. Thanks for sharing. That machine will cause a sensation on a track day.

All most finished. Just picked up the fairing from the painters this morning. All decals are painted on as are the stripes, very pleased with the result.

Still need to set up the suspension and then off to Cadwell I guess.

That's a great job You've done there. Don't know if you will be doing much of the classic racing and parading scene; certainly hope so ; looking for to; seeing; hearing; and smelling it.:beerjug:

Billd
I joined this forum to tell you how beautiful your bike looks. When I was younger I rode one of these Suzuki 750s in the early 1970s . I had home made expansion boxes 36mm Mikuni Carbs and a raised barrel. The bike was really fast for the time and there was little on the road that worried me. Your bike has inspired me and I want to build one as well. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom