Georgia Tbilisi motorcycle shop

volcane

Reaction score
Hi all
Posting on behalf of a friend who set out from Ireland two weeks ago on a KLR 650. Currently he is in Turkey and entering Georgia. Tbilisi is the next decent sized town on his path. He is loosing coolant each day and suspects he may have a head gasket issue. Does anyone have any information on bikeshops in Tbilisi who would be able to source or would have a head gasket for this machine circa 1997 european version KLR 650. He is loosing around a half inch of header tank level per day around 300 miles travel. Any information appreciated.

Best regards Volcane

Found this on HuBB

nickamoto@gmail.com

But better to phone

His phone number is 574304010. Below are coordinates to a small garage where he works from. You turn down a little alley and there is a row of small garages, his is the 4th.

GPS:
N 41 43.224 E 44 43.829

Google Maps:

Thanks so much appreciate this. I will let you know how he gets on. Hes having a wonderful adventure so far. His bike at home is a 2005 R1200 GS around 80000 miles.

Best regards volcane

Thanks so much appreciate this. I will let you know how he gets on. Hes having a wonderful adventure so far. His bike at home is a 2005 R1200 GS around 80000 miles.

Best regards volcane

Yes do, Tblisi's a great city so if may give him an excuse to stay a few days which unfortunately I didn't and passed straight through :blast

Ukgser to the rescue again. My recent German guests had been to Georgia and had nothing but praise for the administration of the country: "Very straight. One could be in Europe" . Armenia on the other hand ...

Hi
Thanks for the info, just an update Dec spent a couple of enjoyable days around and in Tbilisi and decided to continue on his way with the coolant loss. He's transited Armenia and is currently in Iran around Mahmudamad on the Caspian Sea enroute to Turkmenistan. He's found the Iranian people incredibly friendly and welcoming and the adventure continues. Thanks again

Stayed with 200km from the Turkmeistan border last night and doing the border crossing today. Everything going really well and the coolant loss has stopped, no loss for last 2 days. Into the last two weeks of the trip now.
Rgds Volcane

Glad he's enjoying the trip and making progress; hopefully 'no coolant loss' doesn't mean it's empty :blast

Stayed with 200km from the Turkmeistan border last night and doing the border crossing today. Everything going really well and the coolant loss has stopped, no loss for last 2 days. Into the last two weeks of the trip now.
Rgds Volcane

Great news, do hope his coolant loss is permanently at an end as it topped 50 Deg C when I was in Turkmenistan!

Dec is now back in contact having crossed the 750km of the Karkum desert and is now in Urgench in Uzbekistan. Spent a night camped at the so called door to hell in the Karakum desert. Impressive video. He did find that desert hot as you predicted.
The KLR is still beating strong so all going well. Rgds Volcane

Refuelling in the desert. Self made panniers with enclosed stored for two 5 litre fuel containers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 625
Great shot/looks good,Doesnt look to busy on the gravel road...

Hi some assistance sought. Does anyone know of any motorcycle suppliers in Uzbekistan specifically, bukhara where Dec currently is, or Samarkand or Dushambe. Rear brake pads are worn to limits. KLR650C 2003. Long shot i know but any information would be gratefully recieved. Best regards volcane

Hi some assistance sought. Does anyone know of any motorcycle suppliers in Uzbekistan specifically, bukhara where Dec currently is, or Samarkand or Dushambe. Rear brake pads are worn to limits. KLR650C 2003. Long shot i know but any information would be gratefully recieved. Best regards volcane

I doubt it!

Why not get some sent by DHL posted further down his route?

Alternatively, there's bound to be someone who relines brake shoes etc. so should be able to get his old pads sorted.

Hi again guys
Good news searched up and down and found a Facebook site for Uzbekistan bikers. Declan made contact with a very nice guy Igor whom he met up with on arrival in Samarkand this evening. As Timolgra suggested Igor has taken the pads for relining as is the norm locally and shall return them tomorrow, so Dec gets to rest and explore Samarkand. He is two days ahead of schedule in any case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 534
Found this on HuBB

nickamoto@gmail.com

But better to phone

His phone number is 574304010. Below are coordinates to a small garage where he works from. You turn down a little alley and there is a row of small garages, his is the 4th.

GPS:
N 41 43.224 E 44 43.829

Google Maps:

Fecking useless as usual :D

I bloody love this place!

Back
Top Bottom