R9T review in Bike magazine

Puggy

Reaction score
They loved it but gave the best in test to the Triumph - fairy nuff.

But what interested me about the review of the 9T was that they praised its ride quality and handling. I was amazed as I have always thought the ride quality on my 9T is dreadful. I have replaced all the springs with different rate Touratech items which has helped a bit (at least now it doesn't threaten to smash your teeth out on every bump) but I still don't think much of it.

Anyone else think the same thing or is my bike an oddity? (Or I am the oddity...)
It has Bridgestone tyres which I loathed on my RT, maybe they have a certain quality that doesn't suit me - anyone have any experience of other tyres on their 9T? I like Michelins...
Tyre pressures?

It is a shame as it takes the edge off what is otherwise a great bike..

P

Mine's the same. Currently with Darren at MCT over in Stowmarket for Wilbers bits and pices.

My GS has Wilbers ESA and it "floats" literally taking everything you throw at it. The Nine T is (in my opinion) dreadful and as you say smashes your teeth out..

I took mine to Darren at MCT also, he fitted Ohlins front forks, Ohlins rear shock and an Ohlins steering damper. has totally transformed the bike. So much fun should not be legal :D

I took mine to Darren at MCT also, he fitted Ohlins front forks, Ohlins rear shock and an Ohlins steering damper. has totally transformed the bike. So much fun should not be legal :D

Hmm - well at least it is not just me. Looks like I will do something like that. Can I ask what you had fitted?

P

9T Suspension

I had a 14 plate 9T, one of the first i guess.

I really dindn,t like the front end, no front end confidence felt old like trying to wash out under heavy cornering. I had to sit it up a few times.

now sold.

I also found the speedo well out, i.e. 60mph when bike reading 70.?

Paddy

Back
Top Bottom