Le Mans area - Motel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAlf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We're off to Bordeaux in our T4 family bus in a few weeks. The drive's too far for our 16 month old lad to handle in one hit so looking to stay over somewhere in the La Mans area - Ideally we're looking for a motel type setup whereby we can park the van in front of the accommodation.

I know this is a biking forum but I trust you lot 100% and know that there's some really good knowledge on here.

Anyone? - Ta:thumb

Sorry - going to need to amend this, looks like even Le Mans will be too far for the nipper. Sees looks just about possible - or ideally somewhere a little further North.

Currently looking through Airbnb which is great but personal recommendations are even better.

I vaguely remember a UK ex-pat running a biker friendly B&B somewhere in Normandy - anyone?! Ta:thumby:

Which direction are you travelling from? How long/far before you need a stop?

Last winter stopped off at the Ibis Styles in Chartres. First time in a Styles version, slightly more expensive, but you do get a very decent breakfast. We used Booking.com, but the instore price was the same - €60 per room. I don't schlep kids around any more, so didn't notice if they have cots for baby use.
As usual, the car park is locked at night, and there is a Guardien on duty all night.
It was very easily accessible right from the ring road, but without any noticeable traffic noise.

There were a couple of eateries opposite the front door. Being cream crackered, we chose the steakhouse at 30 metres distant, as it's not something we have much at home, and it turned out to be very well cooked to my choice - bloody. But you can get "Bien Cuit, comme Brule" if you want. Nice chips/frites too.

There were other motelly/hotelly places sharing the site.

We used the route via Rouen, A16, A28, N154 (I think this is dual carriageway - I don't remember proper roads).

350kms from Calais.

Plus 1 for Carole and Nigel at Maison Laudiere, great hosts, great accommodation.

Try Maison Laudiere in Normandy, Tank on this forum.
This is north of Le Mans, look at the web site for location.
If they can fit you in you won't find better in south Normandy!
www.maisonlaudiere.com

That's the place - sounds ideal apart from its too far off route which is a real shame. It would have been nice to talk bikes - oh well, another time. Found a little Gite via Airbnb that meets our requirements. Room for mini Alf to sleep whilst me and the chief navigator sample a nice bottle of red outside:) Thanks to all who replied - appreciated:thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom