590 Average Speeds

try for a better image, it did not work.

Attachments

• 28-08-2016 12-34-12.jpg
    28-08-2016 12-34-12.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 89
On a Mac running BaseCamp, it's only possible to adjust the overall default speed, using a sider base, not individual speeds per road type as was the case in Mapsource when I ran it on a PC.

Mine, for some unknown reason is set as default plus 7 mph, a remarkably exact figure. I find that a route calculated in BaseCamp will give an estimated total time of longer than the estimated time when the same route is transferred and then displayed on my Nav V; the Nav V's estimation of time that'll be taken being invariably lower. I can't pretend that I have ever paid much attention to the times estimates, preferring my own rule of thumb for the day on a day-by-day basis.

Just out of passing interest, perhaps... I sent 17 routes for my Germany jaunt to my Nav V by dragging the file straight into the Nav V (not its memory card) using BaseCamp. I then asked the device to import all 17 routes at once into Trip Planner, which it duly did. I always check the routes visually against those in BaseCamp just to be sure that no bizarre glitches have occurred. I simply check: Does the route look right, des the mileage match, are the waypoints I want as waypoints and those that I want just as shaping points correct and is the time estimation right?

This time ALL the time estimates were way out; a journey time that I know will take 3 hours was estimated to take 10 or more, but everything else was fine. I shut the device down and rebooted, still the time estimates were very wrong. I deleted the routes from Trip Planner and this time imported them within the device, one by one, instead of all at once. This time the time estimates were all correct. I can only guess that the device struggles doing too much at once.

Quote Wapping (This time ALL the time estimates were way out; a journey time that I know will take 3 hours was estimated to take 10 or more, but everything else was fine. I shut the device down and rebooted, still the time estimates were very wrong. I deleted the routes from Trip Planner and this time imported them within the device, one by one, instead of all at once. This time the time estimates were all correct. I can only guess that the device struggles doing too much at once.)
would this not correct itself once the route was selected and you were traveling it, would the sat nav just give you time remaining or distance left, depending on how its set.

Back
Top Bottom