Metzler 01

Yep, I had a pair fitted 10 days ago before coming to France. I've ridden about 1500 miles on them so far, and in some very wet conditions :rolleyes:.
It took me a few miles to get used to the slightly different feel to the PR4s fitted previously - maybe the 01s have a more rounded profile. They've been fine in the wet, at least as good as the PR4s, and they've been rock solid in every bend, including the endless twisties down here in Lozere. I've encountered everything from race track smooth tarmac through to piles of gravillons and they haven't slipped at all, though they've been run to the edges. So in a nutshell I think they're very good. I hope they'll last longer than the PR4s. I don't have tread gauge with me but so far there's no signs of squaring off and no real sign of wear.

Yep, I had a pair fitted 10 days ago before coming to France. I've ridden about 1500 miles on them so far, and in some very wet conditions :rolleyes:.
It took me a few miles to get used to the slightly different feel to the PR4s fitted previously - maybe the 01s have a more rounded profile. They've been fine in the wet, at least as good as the PR4s, and they've been rock solid in every bend, including the endless twisties down here in Lozere. I've encountered everything from race track smooth tarmac through to piles of gravillons and they haven't slipped at all, though they've been run to the edges. So in a nutshell I think they're very good. I hope they'll last longer than the PR4s. I don't have tread gauge with me but so far there's no signs of squaring off and no real sign of wear.

Ive come from Pr4s to the Metz,a lot smoother less harsh ride with the Metz.Use them all year round and preformed excellent.I found the PR4s were great,sure handling,super confident in the wet,but the Metz just feel to have a smoother ride.
Im going thru two sets a year at the moe,getting around 7,000 before they become to squared.

Back
Top Bottom