Come on guys who owns an Africa Twin ???

Anyone had their 'fix' for the (not very) heated grips carried out yet ?

My new controller box thingy came in this week, but it'll be several weeks before I'll have it fitted.

I went from bad to worse Traded mine in for a S1000XR Sport SE and the heated grips are absolutely shite, the bike is the nuts but the grips are:tosser

Mine arrived yesterday - tricolour manual :)

She looks and sounds great but I can't ride her yet as she's not registered until 1st Jan.:comfort

My one concern is where the dealer has mounted the spotlights - it looks to me as though they would be the first thing to touch down in a drop, possibly damaging the light and the bodywork. Rather misses the point of the crash bars, I thought :rolleyes:

I'm going to see if they can move them down a bit towards the crossbrace, as the bar starts to come in at that point and it might clear the ground if she ever took a little lie down. All other ideas gratefully accepted!

Well, they took her away, changed the tyres and moved the lights to somewhere more suitable :). Then they delivered her back, 2 hours before I went away on holiday for 2 weeks :blast

So I've now ridden her twice, the first time was just a run round the block and a longer run into Lincolnshire today.

Mostly good with a couple of minor dislikes:

Engine great, gearbox really smooth, handling really nice, well-balanced at low speed and good brakes.

Not so good - as perhaps expected, heated grips not as good as BMW (oh, and the switch is falling off the bars, need to clip it back on properly), foot pegs really tiny and you don't seem to be able to take the rubber off. I've got Pivot Pegz on order, should be here next week. That's about it really.

She got dirty too, and I had to put some petrol in. Not good enough :D

Well, they took her away, changed the tyres and moved the lights to somewhere more suitable :). Then they delivered her back, 2 hours before I went away on holiday for 2 weeks :blast

So I've now ridden her twice, the first time was just a run round the block and a longer run into Lincolnshire today.

Mostly good with a couple of minor dislikes:

Engine great, gearbox really smooth, handling really nice, well-balanced at low speed and good brakes.

Not so good - as perhaps expected, heated grips not as good as BMW (oh, and the switch is falling off the bars, need to clip it back on properly), foot pegs really tiny and you don't seem to be able to take the rubber off. I've got Pivot Pegz on order, should be here next week. That's about it really.

She got dirty too, and I had to put some petrol in. Not good enough :D

Good one Fran :thumb

Ready for our trip to the Pyrenees are we :D

The Smugglers Trail over in to Andorra :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jqVbTXFyESc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:beerjug:

I bought a pair of SW-Motech footrests this past week. They're a lot bigger than the oe ones. Fitted the left side no problems, but on fitting the right it didn't sit properly....kinda swept back a bit. So they are away back for a refund as I wasn't going to start grinding the shit out of them or my bike.

Magnet, you can remove the rubbers as SW-Motech do a bolt on extension footrest, which is maybe what I should have bought. http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/4052572038239.htm

Attachments

• IMG_2423.jpg
    IMG_2423.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 485
I bought a pair of SW-Motech footrests this past week. They're a lot bigger than the oe ones. Fitted the left side no problems, but on fitting the right it didn't sit properly....kinda swept back a bit. So they are away back for a refund as I wasn't going to start grinding the shit out of them or my bike.

Magnet, you can remove the rubbers as SW-Motech do a bolt on extension footrest, which is maybe what I should have bought. http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/4052572038239.htm

Thanks - Those extenders look really good - if the Pivot Pegz don't do the job might look at some of those :thumb2

Micky - 'Smuggler's Trail'. Mmm, I think some of our fellow travellers might object. I might include myself in that, looking at the depth of the ford :eek:. Anyway, Andorra's a ****hole. I think the route might avoid it altogether ;)

Micky - 'Smuggler's Trail'. Mmm, I think some of our fellow travellers might object. I might include myself in that, looking at the depth of the ford :eek:. Anyway, Andorra's a ****hole. I think the route might avoid it altogether ;)

Totally agree about Andorra :D :thumb

:beerjug:

Anyone had their 'fix' for the (not very) heated grips carried out yet ?

My new controller box thingy came in this week, but it'll be several weeks before I'll have it fitted.

I fitted the new module a couple of weeks ago, not much better to be honest, I've asked my dealer for a refund, He did say another completely new set are due out shortly, :thumb2

Got a manual Tricolour last week with scottoiler and Oxford heated grips and got the dealer to swop the dunlops for TA2's. They also did me a deal on ACF50 treatment.

And add me. Manual Tricolour with Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2s from the start (gave great service on my GS1200LC).

2de9ba18c0c6c1a2d1aac4b6c99205e7.jpg
24ea90f80b73946fc1c15524d710130f.jpg

Black Manual. Arrived yesterday and I'm most excited!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Got to say boys i am missing mine, although the S1000XR is a lot faster it handles better and its got a shed load of more equipment on it I do miss the Africa twin so much so that I did try to change my order for the Xadv last week flr another Africa twin but couldnt as its due next week !! that was a shame

Enjoy the new bike
Rob

Got to say boys i am missing mine, although the S1000XR is a lot faster it handles better and its got a shed load of more equipment on it I do miss the Africa twin so much so that I did try to change my order for the Xadv last week flr another Africa twin but couldnt as its due next week !! that was a shame

Enjoy the new bike
Rob

Should have kept mine.Traded it for the Guzzi,which I love,as was assuming the 1290R would be a better bike.But I'm not getting the R now as problems with it.Hopefully getting a 1290S instead otherwise its plan B.

Back
Top Bottom