Come on guys who owns an Africa Twin ???

Saw the new for 2017 metallic red in a dealers last week. I though it look good an quite classy. :thumb2

Yes, saw one yesterday sitting outside my dealers in the lovely bright sunshine. Very smart too with a lovely deep red metalflake in the paint. :thumb2

Good things?

Well I picked up mine earlier this week, a barely used 2016 DCT. I wasn't sure I'd even like it but the price was right so I thought what the hell.... Anyway after 200 miles now I'm really liking this motorcycle, enough so that I've decided it's a keeper and ordered panniers, center stand, heated grips, and an aftermarket seat since I'm a wimp.
I also picked up the two filters so I can perform the first service which I'll do tomorrow.

No complaints at all I think you'll love yours when it arrives! How do you even sleep at night though? :D

Im Back !! well not really me Im happy with my Rally Sport (For the time being I hear you all say LOL ) my Son in Law just picked up his Brand new Rally Red Africa Twin this morning so yes there will be another Africa Twin in the garage but it wont be mine, I might give it a little cuddle when hes not looking though LOL

Good things?

Well I picked up mine earlier this week, a barely used 2016 DCT. I wasn't sure I'd even like it but the price was right so I thought what the hell.... Anyway after 200 miles now I'm really liking this motorcycle, enough so that I've decided it's a keeper and ordered panniers, center stand, heated grips, and an aftermarket seat since I'm a wimp.
I also picked up the two filters so I can perform the first service which I'll do tomorrow.

No complaints at all I think you'll love yours when it arrives! How do you even sleep at night though? :D

Keeper already wow must be good. I'm thinking I will keep this a while too. It's going really slow still 5 days to go :rolleyes:
Looking at the crash bar options the Heed ones seam to be very good and fairly cheap too at £190 for upper and lowers in one unit

Crash bars hey....don't get the Givi ones they are rubbish
Tried them they made the bike buzzy
Sent them back and payed the extra money on some Touratech ones
They are spot on well made and don't make the bike vibrate
Lesson learnt i won't be buying cheap crash bars again

Crash bars hey....don't get the Givi ones they are rubbish
Tried them they made the bike buzzy
Sent them back and payed the extra money on some Touratech ones
They are spot on well made and don't make the bike vibrate
Lesson learnt i won't be buying cheap crash bars again
A lot of people have been recommending them so we shall see, fingers crossed. The mk 2 v strom 650 had same vibration problem, had to leave them off in the end. How are you finding the bike in general?

My bags arrived. They only require slipping a rubber bumper on each side to mount them. Fitting in close they look good on the bike and measure 37" wide. For comparison the factory luggage on my GSA is 40" and my friend's KTM 1190 factory bags are a whopping 44". And unlike my GS there is no exposed framework sans bags.
Honda must have learned from BMW because they come without locks which they sell separately. I never lock them anyway so I just snapped a plastic plug over the hole.
Overall I prefer top load bags but I'll be able to lay my DryBag across these bags and still have access to them.

Looked at a few at Bill Smiths Honda garage today.

How the fuck do you climb on them without really long legs?

A lot of people have been recommending them so we shall see, fingers crossed. The mk 2 v strom 650 had same vibration problem, had to leave them off in the end. How are you finding the bike in general?

Just out of interest i also bought a Honda CB500X that had the Givi bars on and took them off because of the dreadful vibration
I love the AT it's one of the best bikes i have ever ridden for what i want from that type of a bike :thumb

Back
Top Bottom