Come on guys who owns an Africa Twin ???

Have now relented after my recent Blade Group inspired dummy spitting outburst, curiosity got the better of me so I have a DCT test ride booked elsewhere for this coming weekend. I hope the AT is as good as the promoters on here say it is!

I'll keep this brief, I expected not to like the AT and the DCT system in comparison to my KTM. I was mistaken, I came out of the test ride quite impressed by the bike, the engine and the DCT system. Never before have I ridden a parallel twin which I liked, that has now changed.

I'll keep this brief, I expected not to like the AT and the DCT system in comparison to my KTM. I was mistaken, I came out of the test ride quite impressed by the bike, the engine and the DCT system. Never before have I ridden a parallel twin which I liked, that has now changed.

Nice to read that you liked it. I've gone completely away from IL4's and don't mind what configuration a Twin comes in. I do sometimes wonder should I have gone DCT as it really is superb.

I've had a bike rule for the last 15 years 2 cylinders or 2 strokes :D

Found some nice custom colours:drool

Attachments

• IMG_3212.jpg
    IMG_3212.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_3213.jpg
    IMG_3213.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_3215.jpg
    IMG_3215.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_3210.jpg
    IMG_3210.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_3211.jpg
    IMG_3211.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 558
I have one too ☺

I'll be riding it back to the uk from Spain next week.
BR-4SAcF0Qo

Well I'm in now . Took the day off for a ride around on Monday and ended up at my local deal lings in Ipswich. After a look around thought I might as well have a go as I really was curious about the dct. A quick 15 minute bimble/blast really go my cogs turning. They had a black dct in stock with 3500 miles on so I slept on it for a couple of days did some sums and put a deposit down . Can't pick it up till the 13th June which is disappointing but hey ho. Getting back on my 07 gs made me realize how much things have changed.
I was really happy with the GS riding up there but coming home it felt old and tired. Expensive day out but looking forward to no clutch are gear lever . Happy days indeed :thumb:cool:

Maybe I should retire I've only got 900 miles on my AT and I've had it since March 2016 although in saying that, I've got over 500 on my Fatboy and I've only had that since January. ......maybe I need to get out more

Back
Top Bottom