Carole Nash, wankers vs Bennetts, Great!

jacko

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Tonight I contacted CN with regards to renewing my policy. I have been a customer of theirs for many claim free years.
Every time I have contacted them in the past I have been pleased with the staff I have spoken with.
I rang tonight as I'd obtained a cheaper quote from Bennetts of £117 instead of £188 from CN.
Without going into detail with regards to what the policy includes for the price, I have to say I was both angered and dismayed with the attitude of the call handler.
He seemed reluctant to try and match my quote from Bennetts. His tone was unhelpful and bordering confrontational.
It got to the point due to his tone, even if he had managed to match the quote from Bennetts, I'd have gone with them.
I think he made a half hearted attempt to beat them, but didn't manage it ( a whole £10 off) and was surprised when I said £178 wasn't good enough!
Having been a loyal customer for years, I am bitterly disappointed in having to take my custom elsewhere, maybe that's the way of the world nowadays.
Oh, and the call taker, I'm not his 'mate'. I was a customer, not a mate... I don't like being called mate by someone I don't know. He had my name on the system in front of him, please use that!

Carole Nash obviously don't want the business :nenau

If the Bennett's price did not include a Euro breakdown policy then the prices are comparable.

Even if the Bennett's price did include the breakdown cover, they are not obliged to price match. You don't go into Waitrose and tell them to sell you oranges for the price of Tesco Value ones. Well, if you tried they would march you to the door and tell you they don't want customers like you.

Just to make you feel better, Carole Nash think I'm scum as well. I bought my insurance from Devitt and breakdown cover from Start Rescue earlier this month. Two policies giving me the same cover as CN for over £100 less. I doubt they will go into receivership without our business.

You got to make your own choices, I went with Bennets last time as I thought I would not need the euro breakdown, their price was cheapest for no frills, make it legal etc.
Shan't be going with them again due to recent experience but who knows, all may have been the same in similar cupircumstances.

Not the same as when I used to chat to Carole's son, Malcolm and he sorted out a decent price for me!!

All fair points and agree... I was just gob smacked with the attitude of the bloke who took my call....
I've never insured with Bennetts and I really hope it isn't a case of you get what you pay for...
I'd read the majority of other comments on the Bennetts thread, and most seemed impressed.

The overwhelming thought I had was.... The bloke on the end of the phone was an arsehole, would I get the same treatment in the event of a claim.
The bloke from Bennetts was great.... Friendly, professional and efficient.
It's that first impression thing I guess!
I am angry too, cos I've always rated CN.
It also took me 40 mins to get to speak with the idiot too.... Bennetts, about 4!

Each year I swap between CN and Bennetts. The reason being its cheaper,I have asked both companies why I cannot get a better quote and stay with whichever one I am insured with at the time,Only to be told sorry that is the best we can do ,it seems in my case it is better to swap each year.

All the same, Bennetts will be expensive at renewal time, they also charge a feckin fortune for the smallest change to your policy. As for the attitude of the staff, you probably fucked up his evening of football.

Loyalty and insurance just don't go hand in hand any more. For some reason I end up having to rotate around Bikesure and Devitt every year, whichever one I'm with always proves to be the most expensive on renewal. Devitt's renewal email landed yesterday £110 dearer than last year! Never managed to get a good price out of CN for some reason? I did try Hastings one year, never again.

At least they didn't call you pal, now that does boil my piss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whenever talking to call any centre staff note down the time and date and ask them to repeat their name so you can write it down , they will then tend to be much more pleasant and then if you are not happy with their attitude you can always ring back and ask to speak to a supervisor about them .
It puts them on the back foot

I don't give a toss . I just do a comparison quote every year and pick from one of those , not always the cheapest one either .
If my renewal has increased by a considerable amount from the previous year I don't even bother contacting them for discussion. If they wanted my business they would give an honest quote to Begin with , rather than add on £X amount and then want a 20 min phone discussion to drop it lower.

There is no loyalty were these companies lie, just look after yourself

They don't show us loyalty so why should we do the same, it is dead easy to change insurers. I bet if you had acquired an online quote from CN as if you were a new customer it would have been cheaper.

I shop around every year, and often get a cheaper quote online from my existing insurer than their renewal quote. This applies to bike, car, house, contents. They all hope you don't really look and just accept the always more expensive renewal.

Jacko - make sure you call CNash to stop the auto-renewal. They all do this now after a stupid change to the law that makes it mandatory

Here is One for you!

Last Friday I have decided to take this call, having ignored this 0300....... phonecall for three days in the row, I then decided to answer as it started to worry me a bit.....:mmmm:mmmm:mmmm

Me: Hello?
Them: Hi, can I speak to Mr E.............?:confused:
Me: Speaking,
Them: Hi, mane name is so and so, I'm calling you from Carol Nash Insurance about a quote you had with us....,
Me: What about it?:confused:
Them: we want to hear from you what are your thoughts on it and if we can do anything to improve it?
Me: :roll eyes: before we go in to it deeper, can you please tell me what is the date on the quote?
Them: Sure, let me have a look. It is 18/03/2016:blast
Me: And can You please tell me what is the value of the vehicle in this quote?
Them: Sure, Let me have a look. I can see you have declared it as (for privacy purposes i exaggerate it) £15750.00:blast
Me: Ok, now that you have confirmed these details, can I ask you a question?
Them: Sure.
Me: Dou you think that having a vehicle of that sort of value I would have it sat uninsured since 18/03/2016 just in case you lot might be able to do something better on the price?
Them: Well, no.:eek:
Me: Thank you, Have a good day:nenau

And I put the phone down.:mad::mad::mad:
I mean what the F*^$ did he think when he has been ailing my number for the three straight days in the row? You Fookin TW@t springs to mind to be perfectly honest!:blast

I had my CN renewal today, let battle commence tomorrow:blast

Not too successful, got some money off by a bit of leveraging....................using some similar quotes from other insurers

Still £60 more than last year, ho-hum.................will have a ponder

Some of my bikes aren't attractive to many insurers, which makes it more difficult as it's not straightforward

Maybe better the devil you know

I called Bennetts after getting an on line quote. I wanted to let them know I had just come back from 7 years in Austria and had possible no claims from that time. None of that fitted the boxes on line. I ended up with a better price and acceptance of my no claims, plus I had told them about 7 years outside the UK which was not possible on line.

Decent guy on the phone, didn't call me mate (I hate that too) very simply process. Next year might be a different story!

John

Jacko - make sure you call CNash to stop the auto-renewal. They all do this now after a stupid change to the law that makes it mandatory

Thanks Wessie,
I did tell the muppet from Carole Nash to cancel it, but I will be keeping a close eye on my bank statement!

Back
Top Bottom