tallinn helsinki ferry

justin754

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We're doing a lap of the bottom half of the baltic end of July, anyone got any tips regarding the tallinn - helsinki ferry? is it best to book or just turn up, we're in tallinn for a couple of nights.
Same with the Denmark to Germany ferry from rodbyhavn to puttgarden.
Thanks in advance.

You are in Tallinn for a couple of nights, which might suggest you know when you'll be there and when you'll want to leave. If so, what possible advantage is there in not booking, other than patting yourself on the back for your rugged, seat of the pants, cavalier, devil may care, bikermate independence? Which of course will not be true, as if it were you'd not have sought advice here. ;)

Enjoy your jaunt. :beerjug:

PS The Baltic ferries can get very busy in summer, do not suppose that because there are lots of them that they are all empty. Check the routes, too. Some are more direct than others, time wise. Better views out to sea on some as well.

PPS You can work out the German ferry for yourself.

If so, what possible advantage is there in not booking, other than patting yourself on the back for your rugged, seat of the pants, cavalier, devil may care, bikermate independence? Which of course will not be true, as if it were you'd not have sought advice here. ;)

Enjoy your jaunt.

If one doesn't book it then it's impossible to miss it when your plans go awry . :thumb

Took the Stockholm to Tallin ferry on a tour of the Baltics in May some Years ago. We booked and it was very busy. although a lot of the passengers seemed to be on foot. In fact it was a bit of a party boat. I'd suggest you book it if you can Justin ;)

Cheers chaps, I'll book it. Most of the rest of the trip is booked.
Her on the back is happier that way, which keeps me happier.

Last june I floated on the ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn. I bought a ticket on the place the day before. There were many people but I didn't have any troubles with buying a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom