Has anyone declared a hilltop remap to their insurers?

BOLLOX !!

Its a retune where more or less power is a possible outcome! and the ONLY ways that it can be found out for sure is :-

if someone leaves an Invoice from Geoff lying about

Or the insurance plug in a compatible software system and Since it is not OBD compliant they will have to go to Geoff!

Even when they get to the software? Its parameter and algorithmic changes NOT a Bloody big banner Splashed across a start up screen saying "Reprogrammed @ Hilltop"

Wise Up the Lot of You! Fannying about worrying about this sort of schit! Get out and Ride the Damn thing!

If it worries you that much go get a standard fucking Bergman :)green gri Or a KTM!!) and feel the wind on yer Manginas!

Little likelihood of an invoice left lying about as I doubt that anyone has had an invoice from Hilltop. There'd be too much risk of comeback. In any case it couldn't be described as remapping for fear of contravening the Trades Descriptions Act. That's why you'll never get anything in writing about what will be or has been done to your bike before or after a visit to Hilltop. In fact if anyone has had second thoughts they can get their money back as there is no evidence of any service having been provided whatsoever (clearly not in your ecu either!) apart from a few dyno runs...

your words : If you gave me two identical BMW ECUs one standard and one Hilltopped we could do it here - it would take us a while but we could, for example, remove the FLASH chips and compare their contents even if they were protected

i will pay only if you show me my data file , you fail it's at your cost !!
i have work to do i do not have time for this
leave it with you.
I feel your pain !

It's always traceable if you have the know how - a determined insurance company could easily employ (and probably do) the necessary expertise. If you gave me two identical BMW ECUs one standard and one Hilltopped we could do it here - it would take us a while but we could, for example, remove the FLASH chips and compare their contents even if they were protected.

Any more updates on this or is it all wind and piss?

Ohh how very disappointing handbags at dawn is all it was

I make sure I tell my insurance company what my tyre pressures are, before every ride. All bases covered.:thumb

There is no need to do that, unless you deliberately run pressures lower than the manufacturers recommended level ;)

It's so worrying, that I tell them everything. It's got a new tyre now, so I'll pop them an email this morning.:beerjug:

When i was renewing my insurance i said i was thinking of having bike remapped .
My thoughts were if its an extra 10 or 20 quid why not then no worries.
They said phone from tuners when its done and they would give me a price !
I think the term is "over a barrel"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When i was renewing my insurance i said i was thinking of having bike remapped .
My thoughts were if its an extra 10 or 20 quid why not then no worries.
They said phone from tuners when its done and they would give me a price !
I think the term is "over a barrel"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's quite rare for a Hilltop tune to increase the manufacturers advertised BHP figures (120-125bhp seems to be the average on an LC GS with full system), so technically you're not increasing the power of the bike. :augie

I told my broker that I had fitted a power commander and the girl in the office told the guy I was speaking to, that it definately made the bike faster. She must have been on the insurance tuners course.
Sorry, forgot to say, my former broker. :green gri

Back
Top Bottom