ive had a 1150 for years

bought a 1200 GSA and can't get comfortable

ive got a feeling the seats been changed
seems to go up at the back
the 1150 was day long comfortable

ive only done max 100 miles on this and while not uncomfortable
just doesn't feel right

any one got a bike with a standard seat I can sit on

also the side strand is well over I'm 5 ft 11 but do have short legs so it could just be me but park on a hill and it's a nightmare Might just need a puck to lift it up a tad
im away during the week and could meet up at your convenience on a weekend

thanks in advance

You don't say what gsa you have. I can give my experience on a 09. Yes the seat can be a bit uncomfortable causing back pain. Some people get relief by putting the seat on low adjustment front and high back or the other way round. They don't seem to be as comfortable as a 1150 which seems to have everything just right comfort and ergonomics. On the sidestand issue has the bike got ESA? Maby it's set up for rider and passenger which raises the back shock/spring JJH

I'm 5'11" and had no problems with my gsa. I always used the seat on the high setting. Cambers can be a hassle but a bit of foreword planning sorts it. There are plenty of seats seargent and other makes. There are people who can reupholster your seat too. The bike is so good in other areas it's worthwhile getting it sorted. JJH

My old GSA hexhead was much more comfortable with a standard GS seat fitted , if you go down the seat mod route contact Les at Saddlecraft in South Shields for good service

Here's the thing
ive had a 1150 for years

bought a 1200 GSA and can't get comfortable

ive got a feeling the seats been changed
seems to go up at the back
the 1150 was day long comfortable

ive only done max 100 miles on this and while not uncomfortable
just doesn't feel right

any one got a bike with a standard seat I can sit on

also the side strand is well over I'm 5 ft 11 but do have short legs so it could just be me but park on a hill and it's a nightmare Might just need a puck to lift it up a tad
im away during the week and could meet up at your convenience on a weekend

thanks in advance

I have a stock GS seat on my 2011 GSA (I got the triple black seat with the GS logo on it...because I'm a tart) I have the back on the low setting and the front on the high, and have also fitted a side stand foot from Nippy which added about an inch and does actually make quite a difference.
Might be an idea to post a picture of your seat, be able to tell if it's stock then.

My old GSA hexhead was much more comfortable with a standard GS seat fitted , if you go down the seat mod route contact Les at Saddlecraft in South Shields for good service
Drove past the other day shop gone
I've bought a low seat with a gel insert I'll give that a try

I have a stock GS seat on my 2011 GSA (I got the triple black seat with the GS logo on it...because I'm a tart) I have the back on the low setting and the front on the high, and have also fitted a side stand foot from Nippy which added about an inch and does actually make quite a difference.
Might be an idea to post a picture of your seat, be able to tell if it's stock then.
I'll post a photo at weekend
I'll also buy a foot too
Hopefully seat I bought turns up at weekend

Shop is not on the roundabout on the main drag anymore it is just down the road on the Evans yard Industrial estate next to Tip Top tyres ,IMHO the GSA seat was never as comfortable as the GS one and comparing the seats when I had the bike the GSA low seat was to all intents and purposes a standard GS one with a GSA pattern cover fitted .

Drove past the other day shop gone
I've bought a low seat with a gel insert I'll give that a try

Doesn't this model have two bars, held in place with some rubber straps, enabling the bars to be set at different heights? If I'm correct they can be placed at different heights, thereby altering not only the height, but also the angle of the seat.

That's correct. I've suggested that already. Not as neatly as you. JJH

Bought a lowered gel seat on here
Much better
Your correct about the bars as well
Tried both
The lowered one is much better for my stumpy legs
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom