Austrian MotoGP 12th to 14th August

casperfelix

Reaction score
Having just had a great time at the Catalunya MotoGP (try to do one or two MotoGPs a year) I'm tempted to go to the Austrian one. My usual mate can't come so I'm wondering if anybody here is interested? I've done a few open invite trips via this site in the past and have never been disappointed with the company.
I'm a little past camping these days (a young 65 year old) and usually we stay in fairly good hotels which rarely cost more 30 to 50 euro a night each if you share. As to the route, I try to keep off motorways unless really necessary, enjoy the ride and not do silly miles each day. Basically it's a holiday. Further, usually we only spend Saturday and Sunday at the MotoGP to avoid going any deafer than I already am. However I'm open to other peoples suggestions .......................

Having just had a great time at the Catalunya MotoGP (try to do one or two MotoGPs a year) I'm tempted to go to the Austrian one. My usual mate can't come so I'm wondering if anybody here is interested? I've done a few open invite trips via this site in the past and have never been disappointed with the company.
I'm a little past camping these days (a young 65 year old) and usually we stay in fairly good hotels which rarely cost more 30 to 50 euro a night each if you share. As to the route, I try to keep off motorways unless really necessary, enjoy the ride and not do silly miles each day. Basically it's a holiday. Further, usually we only spend Saturday and Sunday at the MotoGP to avoid going any deafer than I already am. However I'm open to other peoples suggestions .......................

I'll be there but I'm riding via the RdGA and am booked into the Red campsite across the road from the circuit (I'm 4 years younger than you so can still camp!) However, I do have (once it gets delivered) a 3-day general admission pass for sale at a discounted price as I've now (also) got my ticket for the KTM stand in the centre under the Red Bull, if you or anyone else is interested.

Pete

Would love to join you again for another bimble, but unfortunately I'm working that weekend.

Hopefully you can find someone to join you. For anyone thinking of joining, Pete has sense of humour and is not to shabby at riding.

Have a free bump. :aidan

What do you mean you are too old for camping :augie

Nice to hear from you again Gary. You know I was in my late 50s when we did that camping trip to the Pyrenees together. Time flies! I still occasionally do camping, but not at a MotoGP circuit where sleep isn't a word you hear used much by the campers on site:rob.

Khulu, I'm intrigued over what route you'll be riding given the RdGA goes from Nice to Lake Geneva. However many of the passes it takes you across are great if the weather is OK - which it should be in August.

Khulu, I'm intrigued over what route you'll be riding given the RdGA goes from Nice to Lake Geneva. However many of the passes it takes you across are great if the weather is OK - which it should be in August.

I won't be going all the way to Nice as I'm turning off at Isola and heading to Barolo, Italy.
Here's a link to my provisional route:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/7...m1!1s0x12d2ae3516e5afc3:0x405e67d473ca340!3e0

All being well the day before will be tunnel to Albertville. After that it is head for Val d'Isere; Col du Galibier; Guillestre; Jausiers; Restefond; Isola; Barolo.
Unfortunately, I should reach Albertville on a Friday night - not ideal but "them's the breaks"!
I haven't been this route before so if it stays dry every new bit of road will be an adventure to behold (hopefully)!
Can't wait.

I've just tried opening my own link and it didn't work! I've no idea why, sorry, so the text will have to suffice I'm afraid!

Hello,
I am interested in this trip. My regular biking buddy has sold his bike! lol. So I was looking for something like this.
I ride a GSA, have quite a lot of touring experiences.

How long are you going for, i.e. what day are you planning to leave and come back?

Cheers Dave.

Hi Bigdave, I'm retired and haven't really got a plan. Was thinking of leaving sometime in the week starting 8th August and returning sometime in the following week. Was also thinking of going via Harwich to the Hook (which may well suite you given where you live). I've booked a hotel. B&B, for three nights (two singles at 175 euros each for the three nights) near the track - though can easily cancel this. Let me know what you want to do and then perhaps we can talk on the phone etc etc.
PS I sold my GSA a couple of years ago - soon after it had done the first 'Bilko' Alaska trip! I now ride a 800GT.

Where did you stay for the Catalunya MotoGP? I'm thinking about doing Mugello and Catalunya 2018.
Ta,

Iain

Camped at Catalunya and will sort out the villa we stopped at for Mugello later.

Camped at Catalunya and will sort out the villa we stopped at for Mugello later.

I camped at Austrian MotoGP last year and will again this year.
Next year I've got an Agriturismo booked within walking distance of Mugello and fancy the same for Catalunya but can't find anything, yet! All local hotels / b & bs appear to be already booked!
I'm open to, constructive, suggestions. :thumb:thumb

Back
Top Bottom