New rules for riding in France ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley-metisse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I go abroad most years, but I have it in my mind that there are a few new requirements.
Is this right ?
if so, what should we be doing this year ?
Help
Cheers

New french riding rules ?

Thanks for that - i had thought about practising that over the next few weeks before I go.........lol
No, what I meant was, should we have reflective stickers on our helmets ?
Carry a hi-vis waistcoats etc.

No. The French police don't care. Too busy sucking on a Gauloises and shrugging.
A high viz vest ain't a bad idea anywhere in case you break down.

Thanks for that - i had thought about practising that over the next few weeks before I go.........lol
No, what I meant was, should we have reflective stickers on our helmets ?
Carry a hi-vis waistcoats etc.

Oh yes, they will check for that stuff now we are going independent. Plus you must carry a breathalyser, an inflator to enable you to keep your tyre pressure to a min of 40 psi per tyre.

Not to sure about the need for a compulsory packed lunch with a bottle of red anymore but best to pack sufficient stocks just in case. A speed camera locator on your GPS is a new requirement, Garmin is your best bet there.

There will be more requirements added once the need for a second referendum has been decided.

Buy the vignette if traveling in or through Switzerland their bobbies do look out for them
Don't turn left on a red light in Italy as I did following my mate the GS riding policeman didn't like that

Just had a week in France (now in Wunderbar Deutschland) ... the only Gendarmes we saw were on motorcycles and gave us a friendly wave :D

We didn't carry anything that has been suggested, and didn't always ride on the right :eek:

Just go and enjoy ...... SAFIOI :thumb

That's Slap A Feck It On It

:beerjug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom