Golden wonder

Ogmios

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
i re did the RoSPA test last friday.
Got the Gold again. :bounce1
Looked at my old 'record card' - got my first Gold in 2001. :eek:

... i'm amazed they've not copped onto me yet. :D

Well done Marc. :thumb The last bit of training I did, the instructor said my riding was better than RoSPA Gold but I wouldn't pass the test. Well, I wouldn't, would I.... :D

Schtum,
wouldn't pass or wouldn't take the* test?

*and which test; attitude / i.q. or RoSPA? :green gri
it certainly requires a mindset that took me a lot to 'adjust' to. :augie

But hey - i am amazed i'm still fooling people into thinking i'm an adult! :D

Attachments

• adult.png
    adult.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 328
Schtum,
wouldn't pass or wouldn't take the* test?

*and which test; attitude / i.q. or RoSPA? :green gri
it certainly requires a mindset that took me a lot to 'adjust' to. :augie

But hey - i am amazed i'm still fooling people into thinking i'm an adult! :D

Wouldn't pass it because they'd want me to do one or two things differently. Wouldn't take it because I'm really not into doing things by the book. Attitude - I can usually pass that without any bother. IQ tests are only about being able to do IQ tests, although I remember scoring 147 in a Mensa test many moons ago. ROSPA - I'll give it a miss, unless I'm ever going to be doing guided tours around Scotland for folks from the USA.

As for being an adult, I was reminded of this when we bought this house some 4 years ago......

Attachments

• 47220_10151150394258398_1901546650_n.jpg
    47220_10151150394258398_1901546650_n.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 305
Wouldn't pass it because they'd want me to do one or two things differently. Wouldn't take it because I'm really not into doing things by the book. Attitude - I can usually pass that without any bother. IQ tests are only about being able to do IQ tests, although I remember scoring 147 in a Mensa test many moons ago. ROSPA - I'll give it a miss, unless I'm ever going to be doing guided tours around Scotland for folks from the USA.

As for being an adult, I was reminded of this when we bought this house some 4 years ago......

Growing old you can do nothing about - growing up though? That is a choice!

Mmm Rospa.

Well I can spot a few errors here!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EWOeq840FIU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep both junctions unclear with no way of knowing what was in them. Poor.

Yup shite riding. Seems to think its acceptable to overtake on a junction.
Crossroads sign at 2:45 but he was too busy trying to 'press on' to see it.
He did the same earlier too.
Think i'll stick with my way of doing things.

Yup shite riding. Seems to think its acceptable to overtake on a junction.
Crossroads sign at 2:45 but he was too busy trying to 'press on' to see it.
He did the same earlier too.
Think i'll stick with my way of doing things.

The last overtake would have been a fail if I'd been testing him - the earlier one was fine, as the junctions were wide open. There's no problem overtaking across a junction if you have a good view of everything around...

Sticking to your way of doing things is fine, if you don't want to improve... :p

I think one day a vehicle will pop out of a junction and kill him. Far too impatient.
I recognise his (distinctive) voice, he was slated (on another thread) for almost hitting a pedestrian.

PS Congrats Ogmios, a great achievement .

Problem is with a lot of these vids you are only seeing what the camera sees, you cant possibly know what the rider can see EXACTLY, from any position other than the one which he is occupying. Just my ramblings

Congratulations to the OP, a job well done.

Do you want your..................

Do you want your last overtake to really be your "LAST" overtake, err ever. GULP.......

Absolutely not aimed at any specific one person, Sometimes I don't mind not "making progress" as it means i don't get to taste hospital food .... end of.

Back
Top Bottom