Adding Photos to Adverts Help Wanted

Bobster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a raft of items for sale but I have not got a clue how to include photos from my IPad into the advert. Can anyone give me some guidance I have struggled with this for years!

"Go Advanced"
"Manage Attachments"
"Choose file"
Select photo from library
"Upload"

Go advanced from where but from where.
This is the only fucking forum that I know that makes it virtually impossible to post photos. As for the advice from the moderator I've been seeing that shite for years and still not cracked it. Is there a human being out there that I can call who could talk me through this. Fucking Irfan view who ever heard of that!

This is the only fucking forum that I know that makes it virtually impossible to post photos. As for the advice from the moderator I've been seeing that shite for years and still not cracked it. Is there a human being out there that I can call who could talk me through this. Fucking Irfan view who ever heard of that!

Pm'd you.

Ha ha ha ..... Man after my own heart... If you have an iPhone and access the forum by tapatalk ( forum manager) then it lets you do it easily utilising your phones photograph album. Doing it the old way , I'm afraid is as clear as mud to me..
Download Tapatalk to manage all your forum access in your device and through your tapatalk profile it is made very easy as if you were attaching to an email etc

Bobster I'm not far from you (near Matlock) and I can do it (albeit from a PC).
If you want to call round some time I can take you thru' it.
PM me for phone number to arrange.

Follow these VERY simple instructions……….

Click on the following
"Go Advanced"
Input the text you want to write in the BIG box
"Manage Attachments"
"Choose file"
Select photo from your own library on YOUR computer
"Upload"
"close this window"
"Save"

Like this:

Attachments

• advanced.png
    advanced.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 638
  • manage.jpg
    manage.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 705
  • choose.png
    choose.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 708
I'm with Bobster. This info is fine if everything goes according to plan, but my experience is similar. I think i've done everything then it will only accept a couple of pictures because of sizing, atmospheric conditions etc. Its a real piss off and puts me off trying to advertise stuff. Plus I'm on a mac, which I'm sure makes everything easier. Not. I also note that these VERY SIMPLE HELP instructions were written in 2003 or something.What a joke.
Sigh! FFS, it's not impossible, follow these VERY simple instructions……….

It would be helpful perhaps, if someone really clever, like Blue Sweeper, actually sat down with someone with few computer skills , an oversized file on a mac and tried following his own VERY SIMPLE advice! Oh and throw in some time restrictions because we are all busy, and see how you get on! Also I have uploaded pics on various other sites, Most of which I DONT PAY FOR, without these problems. I can only think that this is a shit system and needs some work done on it. That said, i am blessed with a young person being with me this morning, in the shape of my daughter, so will have one more attempt at posting. After that I"M OUT!!!! Rant over, enjoy the beautiful weather everyone!
"Go Advanced"
Input the text you want to write in the BIG box
"Manage Attachments"
"Choose file"
Select photo from your own library on YOUR computer
"Upload"
"close this window"
"Save"

Like this:

Hilarious! I've even managed to fuck up my reply by getting half of my reply included in the quote from Blue Sweeper. I blame the heat and senility!grrrrr.:D

Plus I'm on a mac, which I'm sure makes everything easier. Not. I also note that these VERY SIMPLE HELP instructions were written in 2003 or something.What a joke.

It is easier on the MAC.
Open the photo with preview
Click on tools at the top of your page
Click on adjust size
Use the drop down menu "fit into" at the top of the box that pops up. It usually says Custom. Then select either 800x600 or 1024x768. These two sizes usually agree with the size limits on the site.
When this is done,
Click file on the top of the page, Click save.
I usually save the pic to my desk top as its easier to locate.
Hope that helps anyone on a Mac.
PS I'm running ElCapitan, but should be more or less the same for earlier software.

i upload my photos to photobucket, click on the img link in the library and paste in the thread, bingo. MAC, Windoz, Linux, you name it it works, easy.

That is (potentially!) very helpful. Cheers.

Plus I'm on a mac, which I'm sure makes everything easier. Not. I also note that these VERY SIMPLE HELP instructions were written in 2003 or something.What a joke.

It is easier on the MAC.
Open the photo with preview
Click on tools at the top of your page
Click on adjust size
Use the drop down menu "fit into" at the top of the box that pops up. It usually says Custom. Then select either 800x600 or 1024x768. These two sizes usually agree with the size limits on the site.
When this is done,
Click file on the top of the page, Click save.
I usually save the pic to my desk top as its easier to locate.
Hope that helps anyone on a Mac.
PS I'm running ElCapitan, but should be more or less the same for earlier software.

Do you know if it's possible to post a photo using an iPad, I can't see anywhere how to reduce the size of the photo?

Do you know if it's possible to post a photo using an iPad, I can't see anywhere how to reduce the size of the photo?

Download the Tapatalk app which supports this site. Very easy to upload photos with no messing about.

Just click on the icon below & choose your pictures

d75129c87847b19741a5d8684766c49b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom