Hi there chaps!

RTV

Reaction score
Good day to you all lads,

My name is Rami, I was born and raised in Argentina and now I'm your neighbor right across the pond in the "Emerald Isle". :aidan

I've been biking for a while and I recently got myself a beautiful '08 R1200GS. She's in a very good condition and rides like a dream. Had my doubts at the beginning regarding the size of the bike, being a bit vertically challenged myself but with the seat in the low position, I'm grand! Plus, once you get her going, it's really like a scooter of how smooth she rides!!

The wife loves the ride as well, as her pillion accommodations have improved drastically and the fact that I can adjust the suspension accordingly with the press of the button is just incredible.

I've joined the ranks to get more info, read about and share information of course.

Also, if you guys need a tour guide around Cork just let me know and I'll be happy to take you around :D

Cheers,
Rami

Here's my girl:

First upgrade, Heed Crash Bars (highly recommended):

Welcome to the forum, I´ve been enjoying your homeland for a little while over the last 16mths, currently in Salta and loving it. It´s a bit cool now so role on summer. Happy Independence Day for yesterday (200 years).

Welcome to the forum, I´ve been enjoying your homeland for a little while over the last 16mths, currently in Salta and loving it. It´s a bit cool now so role on summer. Happy Independence Day for yesterday (200 years).

Ahhh... Salta "La Linda" (The beautiful), I'm sure you found out why the call it that. Did you do the whole Route 40??? I would be extremely jealous if you did, it's a spectacular route!!! I know most places, but visited them over the years. I'm guessing I'm a bit too late now, but if you need any help with that, just give me a buzz.

And thank you for the independence day! :D

Ahhh the infamous Ruta 40, done bits of it while heading down to Ushuaia and going to watch the Dakar this year. I´m pottering around South America in slow time and every now and then have to take things a bit easy due to a dodgy back and legs. So many places to see it´s going to take me a while before I hit Central America.

Salta and surrounding is lovely but the city of Buenas Aires with it´s different districts is my favourite, only downer there is the thieving scumbags. I suppose all cities have them but they do take the biscuit there.

Ha, you're never to late to visit anywhere, my Brit/Aussie friend has just ridden for 6 months in Chile, Argentina and then she celebrated her 70th birthday in Bolivia. :)

Greetings & welcome to the forum.....:thumb2

Cheers mate!

Ahhh the infamous Ruta 40, done bits of it while heading down to Ushuaia and going to watch the Dakar this year. I´m pottering around South America in slow time and every now and then have to take things a bit easy due to a dodgy back and legs. So many places to see it´s going to take me a while before I hit Central America.

Salta and surrounding is lovely but the city of Buenas Aires with it´s different districts is my favourite, only downer there is the thieving scumbags. I suppose all cities have them but they do take the biscuit there.

Ha, you're never to late to visit anywhere, my Brit/Aussie friend has just ridden for 6 months in Chile, Argentina and then she celebrated her 70th birthday in Bolivia. :)

Well, I'm originally from Buenos Aires so I know exactly what you mean. Things are not great at the moment but they seem to start to improve a little bit... hopefully it will be better. As you said, it's pretty much the same in any big city and each one will have their own "particulars".

Absolutely it's never too late, at some point I might go back for a long tour... for now, I have Europe to explore :D

Cheers,
Rami

Back
Top Bottom