Gsa to xr

kingo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thought I,d be a gsa man for life until I test rode the Xr converted just collected my 2016 Xr woooooow

Thought I,d be a gsa man for life until I test rode the Xr converted just collected my 2016 Xr woooooow

I must admit I've had a cheeky look at the ones available but daren't test ride one or I might come home with one.

Had mine for 9 months now. Best fun you'll ever have with your trousers on. The smile starts when I wheel it out of the garage,
1. Well behaved at low speeds
2. Easy to control and filter
3. Pin sharp handling
4. Gearshift pro is brilliant, said I would never use it, I was so wrong
5. Open up from 6k and it will pull your wrists out of their sockets
6. Best brakes ever

I could go on and on. Vibes - no worse than my old GS LC.

The sound and power of the inline 4 is (I fuckin hate this word) awesome.

Agree with above. Great bikes, I really like mine, gearshift pro is phenomenal , perhaps not as fast as I first though but still more than enough. It does take a bit of adjustment after a GS, feeling a bit frantic at first, but all day comfy. They do vibrate a bit but that's 4 cyl bikes for ya. No end of ride tingling hands here and just done 2k miles in a week. Only slight downsides for me are tank range...180 ish miles and about 10mpg down on a GS, and the poor heated grips...slight niggles that's all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 853
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 802
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 716
After 3 GS's I bought an XR - it's faster, handles better, just as comfy but a bike that excites and makes you want to go for a ride just for the sake of riding! A simply fantastic machine!

Went from a GS to an XR after suffering with back issues... although similar seating position I don’t get the niggles on the XR. The test ride blew my mind, just couldn’t stop giggling.... I am no speed merchant but the acceleration is immense and I just loved it. Mine was nicely blinged up by previous owner who sold it with only 560 miles on the clock too! Haven’t ridden much yet but don’t suffer with vibes too much, agree the heated grips are rubbish, even got those checked out, but the bike and the quick shifter particularly are amazing! Happy riding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comfier i found
It may look thin but it is very supportive in the right places and for me was perfectly shaped

Agreed - My XR SE came with the HP Sport Seat which may just be a cosmetic difference but it's certainly all-day comfortable for a 6', 14 stone Tosser! Better than a GSA? Not for intercontinental adventure touring perhaps but for real world everyday riding in this country the XR gives me more bang for my buck and looks like a having a longer lasting, better quality build as well.

That hurt to say after nearly 20 years of GS/A ownership but sadly it's true.

I assume in your middle picture your having to tow home the broken down GS1200??

Back
Top Bottom