Any trips in early September

Bungy

Reaction score
I've saved some holiday to treat myself to a trip in September when the majority are at work and the kids are back at school. I've got no plans yet but would happily join in on another trip if anyone has something developing.

I've got the last 2 weeks off and am heading somewhere,probably on MT10 and thinking RDGA again but south to north for a change.Wrong weeks though !

I've got the last 2 weeks off and am heading somewhere,probably on MT10 and thinking RDGA again but south to north for a change.Wrong weeks though !

Would that be getting a ferry down to Spain and crossing over to ride back?

Bungy, you don't say when in September you plan on going or for how long? Perhaps that may help get some responses, though I've noticed how Open Invite trips don't seem to get the same response on this site as they did some years ago.
Riding the Route des Grandes Alpes is an interesting option though as it starts near the French/Italian Mediterranean border and ends at Lake Geneva there is the slight issue of getting to the end/start point. Guess you could always go via Santander along the Pyrenees and then up the Coast to the RdGA and back through central France to a channel port. This would be a good a two week trip though. Let me know what you plan as I may well be interested.

Ferry to St Malo as I'm in Guernsey . Also, I believe the Alps are still in France, not Spain

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

I thought you meant the ferry to Santander or Bilbao and they are definitely in Spain. :p

Bungy, you don't say when in September you plan on going or for how long? Perhaps that may help get some responses, though I've noticed how Open Invite trips don't seem to get the same response on this site as they did some years ago.
Riding the Route des Grandes Alpes is an interesting option though as it starts near the French/Italian Mediterranean border and ends at Lake Geneva there is the slight issue of getting to the end/start point. Guess you could always go via Santander along the Pyrenees and then up the Coast to the RdGA and back through central France to a channel port. This would be a good a two week trip though. Let me know what you plan as I may well be interested.

I'm flexible really but can only stretch to 7-9 days including the weekend. I'm not really sure what I want to do other than some distance and to mooch about. Camping or hotels or a bit of both.

You could head down the Route Napoleon and back up the RDGA.... Or vice versa?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Head up to Scotland then meet up with us at Ullapool on the 16th, 17th.

I did see that and I'm quite tempted. I did the RBL1000 a while back and saw part of Scotland that I've not seen before but I am really close to France and the rest of Europe using the ferry or tunnel. So many choices...

Try the September hiss near tremp, few days down then some trails . be a few big bikes out to play easy trails relaxed camping. Have a look on abr site or the Spanish biker

Hi bungy think we met at Dent, zebra GSA. planning a run into Europe camping early sept if you fancy hooking up with an old boy.

Hi bungy think we met at Dent, zebra GSA. planning a run into Europe camping early sept if you fancy hooking up with an old boy.

I was at Dent this year but Rubbish with remembering people's names. What sort of trip are you planning?

Why don't you join a group of us taking the Saturday 10th September for day trip with 8 hrs ashore in Cherbourg £38 inc bike Brittany ferry deal through wave105

Back
Top Bottom