New XR

Stevie4scoops

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just picked up my XR and wow, even though i'm running it in, it's very lively compared to the GS.

A couple of questions to those who may know:

Can the suspension (ESA) be made softer as it can on a GS with ESA? Even in Road Mode it seems hard and not nice going over some bumps.

Can the lap time etc be turned off completely? I have no need for this?

The side stand seems a bit of a joke so much so I don't feel confident in it. I've ordered a base to raise the bike up.

No problems with vibration.

Great bike and very pleased I bought it.

Great aren't they! Suspension firmer but you get used to it. Not sure on the lap timer , I need to work that out seems a strange addition.

I tend to run mine in Dynamic engine with the ESA set to road. Road is as soft as it gets.
I never bother with the lap timer display and just keep it in the trip screen usually with range displayed

The stand although seemingly poor is actually quite good and I have never had an issue with it. I did by a "foot" for it but it fell off as it was the wunderlich one and its not fit for purpose.

Just get used to it and enjoy what is a great bike and wait until you can take it over 9k its a hoot

Does anyone with an XR notice that it doesn't like remaining at a constant speed? Mine is very difficult to ride slowly and smoothly at a constant speed.

Does anyone with an XR notice that it doesn't like remaining at a constant speed? Mine is very difficult to ride slowly and smoothly at a constant speed.

Yes the speed tends to creep upwards !

One of the things that never ceases to amaze me is how fast the bike can go from 60 to 80 in topper without really noticing

I noticed this on the test ride I had. Found it awful trying to filter slowly through traffic. I put it down to bad fuelling, but everyone else loves it!

Thanks. Mine loves being thrashed but seems 'bored, irritable and unhappy' at and constant speed. I find myself pulling the clutch in when slowing down to stop because it's so jerky.

I very rarely change down to overtake because the engine pulls so hard from 30mph in top. The biggest fear is getting caught whilst having fun.

Back
Top Bottom