Guzzi V12 Sport 2v

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Managed to do a deal today and swapped my 2006 Multistrada ds for a 2008 V12 Guzzi sport, nice condition with full service history, sadly most of the fastenings are a little scruffy but I;m sure that can be sorted.

Looking forward to being back on a big Guzzi.

Managed to do a deal today and swapped my 2006 Multistrada ds for a 2008 V12 Guzzi sport, nice condition with full service history, sadly most of the fastenings are a little scruffy but I;m sure that can be sorted.

Looking forward to being back on a big Guzzi.

I went to look at one of those, but the salesman at On Yer Bike was so off hand I went away empty handed. I still hanker after one. Enjoy yours.

V12 2V sport was my last Guzzi, good bike, great quality but I always thought the seat was too soft...........

I went to look at one of those, but the salesman at On Yer Bike was so off hand I went away empty handed. I still hanker after one. Enjoy yours.

oyb are useless. never met a happy customer of theirs.

seats are shite past 6k miles, get it fixed , these guzzi's are brilliant .

Picked the V12 up on Monday and rode it home 67mls... A15, must be the straightest road in the UK...M180 motorway...back on the A15 down to the Humber bridge..not an inspiring ride but the Guzzi felt good.

So, on Wednesday I had a day off. Set out into the North Yorks Moors and surrounding area at 9.30am and returned home at 7pm. Coffee and a piece of fruit loaf at Fimber on the way out, Ice cream for lunch at Rosedale and fish and chips at Wetwang on the way home.

Wow, I'd half forgotten just how rewarding the big block Guzzi's are to ride. Yes, it's a bit of a reach to the bars, but this felt OK after 50 or so mls, and the seat is very soft, but by God it's a while since I smiled as much.

It's badged as a 1200 sport, but it's far removed from any sports bike I've ever ridden, they don't like to be ragged but ride them smooth on that massive flow of low down torque and you'll be rewarded with a very quick smooth ride that's as satisfying as anything I've ever ridden.

I'd really missed the Stelvio since parting with it early last year, but the Triumph Explorer fulfils my needs much better when I'm off camping.

Hopefully the V12 is going to fill that gap and will make a perfect stablemate to the explorer. Maybe not everyones cup of tea, but I think I really do get this Guzzi thing, they do tend to get under your skin.

Re the bars, I fitted a pair of Renthal Fatbars on my V12, huge difference in comfort.........

Sounds like the Explorer has a nice stable mate, still waiting for photos though. :D

Enjoy the bike Steve.:thumb2

My 1200 Sport hasn't turned a wheel since I bought the Crosstourer. The MOT ran out last July (2015) so last month I decided to get her back on the road and give her an MOT so I could use her and decide if I was going to keep her.

New high output Yuasa fitted , fuel tank drained , and a gallon of fresh fuel ( had used fuel stabiliser but as it had been nearly a year since she was used I thought it would be best) . Some injector cleaner in new fuel, tyre pressures sorted, controls lubed and all was good. I had s lot on so no time to do a full service and ran her down to Dealer for an MOT . I only manage to ride to the dealer and back , so less than 3 miles covered :confused:

Every weekend something gets on the way of riding and if I do get a chance to ride it's usually on roads more suited to the CT :( :( :(

I always find myself coming back to look at these on the second hand sites - I suspect I'd really get on well with one.

How are they geared - what kind of revs are you doing at say 80mph in top?

Please let me know if you ever get bored of it!

I always find myself coming back to look at these on the second hand sites - I suspect I'd really get on well with one.

How are they geared - what kind of revs are you doing at say 80mph in top?

Please let me know if you ever get bored of it!

Hi Paul...3250rpm @ 60mph....3800 @ 70....not sure about 80 but I would think around 4200. Mines an early 2 valve model which I do believe is geared differently to the 4 valve.

Easy to tell the difference...2 valve all silver rocker covers...4 valve half silver half black rocker covers. If you do look for one do your research, some 8valve models did have some problems with the cam followers....The 4 valve is marketed as the 8 valve !! all very confusing but you soon catch on.

Will I ever get bored of it ? To be honest, by the time I've finished and it's back on the road I'll have chucked that much money at it, the only way to make any sense of it would be to call it a keeper.

I think if your the type of rider that enjoys a big lump of torque at the disposal of his right wrist and likes to amble along in a progressive way (if you get what I mean) then you'd love a 1200 sport.

One piece of advice would be to go for a very well cared for bike. Although mine had been well serviced it had been a little neglected and it's now costing me to rectify that neglect, which is what prompted me to go for a complete revamp of the bike.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom