YAMAHA MT10

supposed to be picking mine up tomorrow 9am

Must admit im both excited and apprehensive I think the Africa Twin thats going in for it is such a great bike, I can see me on another one within a couple of months !!

Did you sell your africa twin bits and bobs? I've a friend getting one who wants some extras.

MT10 collected and after the 132 mile ride home all I can say is Bonkers !!

Attachments

• IMG_1826.jpg
    IMG_1826.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 806
Told you Rob ,good though isn't it.
I just know Id be going to jail ,never laughed so much .

Told you Rob ,good though isn't it.
I just know Id be going to jail ,never laughed so much .

you did and you wasnt wrong about the 4th gear wheelies, a bit puzzled as to the traction control if it allows 100 yard wheelies in 4th gear with it turned on, does it work if the back wheel slips going round a corner still ?? I suppose they must have programmed it to be able to wheelie and still get you out of trouble should you need it ?? all I know is its a really quick bike, ordered a load of bits for it

Screen
Rack
Heated Grips
Sat nav mount
Rad guards
Hand guards
Datatool Alarm
Paddock bobbins
Smaller no plate
Rim stickers
Etc etc
Will post some more Pics when its all fitted up

you did and you wasnt wrong about the 4th gear wheelies, a bit puzzled as to the traction control if it allows 100 yard wheelies in 4th gear with it turned on, does it work if the back wheel slips going round a corner still ?? I suppose they must have programmed it to be able to wheelie and still get you out of trouble should you need it ?? all I know is its a really quick bike, ordered a load of bits for it

Screen
Rack
Heated Grips
Sat nav mount
Rad guards
Hand guards
Datatool Alarm
Paddock bobbins
Smaller no plate
Rim stickers
Etc etc

3 months tops :D

Screen
Rack
Heated Grips
Sat nav mount
Rad guards
Hand guards
Datatool Alarm
Paddock bobbins
Smaller no plate
Rim stickers
Etc etc

Yup,and you need mirror extenders from Evotech.

Nice bike !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup,and you need mirror extenders from Evotech.

Nice bike !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Already had a set and fitted, the mirrors were so narrow I couldnt see anything behind me at all first thing I did when I got back
Then fitted the alarm
the rack, 660 holder and handguards have arrived today so ill fit that lot tonight

Few bits now fitted sent the handguards back for a refund really didnt like them Got the Powerbronze Screen as Idint like the black on the Yamaha one

Andrew what did you find it did funny in TC1 Mode

Few bits now fitted sent the handguards back for a refund really didnt like them Got the Powerbronze Screen as Idint like the black on the Yamaha one

Andrew what did you find it did funny in TC1 Mode

When I was looking for handguards (virtual shopping until I actually have a bike!) I thought I'd go for the SW Motech ones - they look OK in the pictures, but not seen any in the flesh (although nothing I've ever bought from them has been disappointing yet).

Heres a pic of mine with screen rim stickers Akra decat pipe, Akra can, R+G tail tidy, Rad guards, Zumo 660, heated grips, givi tank ring, Mirror extenders, Etc etc, took the top box rack off as its so easy will only use it if needed,

Attachments

• image001n.jpg
    image001n.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 905
What a fantastic looking bike!...mind you all your bikes are adventureboy...you certainly know how to make a bike stand out and shine!

How did you fit the Zumo - did you use the Yamaha mount or a generic RAM arrangement?

Also, what's the feedback on the screen - there's an ever increasing list to choose from (feels like being back to trying to sort my 2007 GS screen) so a bit of 1st hand experience would be good.

How did you fit the Zumo - did you use the Yamaha mount or a generic RAM arrangement?

Also, what's the feedback on the screen - there's an ever increasing list to choose from (feels like being back to trying to sort my 2007 GS screen) so a bit of 1st hand experience would be good.

Yes got the Yamaha one that fits very neatly, the screen is better at higher speed, it seems better at 80 than it does at 50 ?? Id say it was tested and adjusted for higher speeds, I didnt like the Yamaha one, this mounts in 2 mins as does the Rack so its no drama to remove and refit depending on what you are doing / going if hooning around locally ill leave it off ig going out for a days ride ill pop it back on, thats my thoughts anyway
Rob

PS can you please post a pic of the handguards if and when you get them Im still looking !!

Back
Top Bottom