Dealers & discounts

Rosso

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am considering purchasing a GS or GSA (ideally triple black), but have not entirely made my mind up yet. I ride most days year round & currently ride a sports-bike which I intend to keep to share the miles with. ( I've done 3K miles on a 2 month old bike).

I've negotiated discounts on other brands but I am a BMW virgin, what is the max discount I can expect on a TE spec with maybe a couple of extras ? Are there any dealers you can recommend I speak to? ( I'm based in cheshire but am willing to buy nationwide) Is the price of a GS/GSA affected by season (as it is with sports-bikes)?

I normally take a hit on depreciation due to the mileage so I am trying to buy as cheaply as possible to mitigate some of this.

Apologies for all the direct questions on a first post, I could not find any info in the search and would value up to date information/opinions.

Hopefully I can secure a bike and 'give back' something to the forum in the future.

Thanks in advance.

If brand new BMW can be quite stubborn, i wanted at least a satnav as at the time they were giving them away with the GS but not the GSA, would not give me 1st service free and next to no discount on anything. I went to KTM and got a decent deal. With better finance options and as good a service just no posh coffee. If second hand, then keep pushing until they say no.

Williams in Manchester will almost always do a deal. Try either of the Daves and lay out your position early. They also treat you well if you are a regular customer and will discount kit and clothes.

I spoke to Williams about a K16 I was interested in. They couldn't have been less accommodating. Simon Sawyer at Barrie Robson was, however, superb.

It's ok, I will ask for Simon Sawyer at every dealer I call.

Cheers;)

I had a conversation with Daniel at Bahnstormer in Hampshire today and he said BMW are offering 3.9% finance on PCP but only on new bikes, not on demos or secondhand. That rate is 9.9% so could work out cheaper to buy new

BMW are popular

trouble is BMW can sell all the bikes they make. so, go in, test ride, come back, when asked if interested,say yes, but what can you give me ? you've done it before, if you don't get what you want, walk away,go to the next one. sorted!
i got what i wanted from North Oxford Garage, though did'nt know my first BMW service was not free !! first time i had to pay on a new bike, beware :beerjug:

Walked into the BMW dealer locally and stated if they could do the best ever cash deal on a new R1200GSA TE I'd order it there and then rather than play games with other dealers. Bang... a cracking £1k+ discount and 20% on parts, clothing etc. but nothing off the 1st service :( Do your homework on pricing and be bold....

If like me you do high mileage you might be better off looking at second hand or dealer demo. A year old bike with little mileage on gives you a head start on average mileage when the bike is 2 or 3 years old. Second hand value is bad with big mileage although I've never had a mileage related problem. Never a clutch, battery engine or anything like that. My total of outside serviceing and tyer costs are very little. 1 fuel pump controller. I flange bearing. A wheel bearing here and there. I find BMWs like to be used. JJH

Bike dealers

I agree with the comment about WILLIAMS in Manchester, I went in there in 2007 and paid cash, for a brand new GS Adventure, I think about 17 grand, I asked for all sorts but just got shrugged shoulders, i went as low as asking for a free mug, a mug for christ sake and they wouldn't budge, they just kept saying "mate, these things sell themselves" :mad: - so i bought one in Brisbane and got a Navigator V thrown in :clap

Williams

I have bought all of my bikes bar two from Williams, the service has always been good and the guys always call you back, however this time I went elsewhere only because I could get a FY17 model with a few extra gadgets and 1000 miles less for £500 more. So a 1300 mile GS Adventure TE will be mine on Saturday, and a superbly clean 2013 Tripple Black Adventure model with very very few miles on will be on sale at a BMW dealer north of Birmingham. I am a sucker for a new bike, however use the wife's MX5 far to much. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom